Always a Wasp

Author Topic: End of season awards  (Read 3196 times)

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
End of season awards
« on: May 07, 2019, 08:34:59 PM »
Anyone there tonight?

Wonder if there will be any more departures mentioned or any other rumours about?

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: End of season awards
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 10:04:04 PM »
Academy Player of the Season - Tom Willis

Young Player of the Season - Will Stuart

Community Player of the Season - Marcus Garratt.

Players player of the season - Will Rowlands

Try of the Season - Marcus Watson (Leicester)

Supporters player of the season - Thomas Young

« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 12:05:00 AM by JonnyD »

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 12:27:47 AM »
Congratulations to them all. There must be more to Will Rowlands than we give him credit for, to be voted Players player. Well done indeed.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 11:29:31 AM »
Great to see his fellow-players recognition of Rowlands - & the number of tackles he made against Bath. He does seem to be under-appreciated by supporters. A great run from halfway for his try at Bristol.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 12:20:43 PM »
Certainly under-appreciated by me and I am happy to stand corrected. Dobby tweeted "Massively deserved class all year" which is good enough for me.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Rory87

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 12:26:42 PM »
Yes I think my view point of him needs to change also... Reading the Bobby Bridge piece on him and Dai's comments with in it... I think everyone 'in the camp' is far better placed and qualified to judge players than us... so with this award and the subsequent comments, I will definitely be giving Will more credit than I have.

ricohchezwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 02:38:44 PM »
There will be an announcement about a number of academy promotions sometime soon, great evening great food lots of tears quite emotional, got a chance to wish Nathan and Willie good luck and hope to see them in Japan. Will Rowland has always impressed me and i had heard that he was well thought of my his fellow professionals so a great award. it doesn't surprise me in the least that those closest to the players might just know a little bit more than the keyboard warriors on DW site

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2019, 04:01:18 PM »
Certainly happy to back Dai, and say well done to the winners, but remember some of those "keyboard warriors" strongly criticising Dai this year include club servants like Rob Smith who are entitled express their knowledgeable views. Come to think of it Shaun's comments RE Cipriani on BT are far more in line with some of the more aggressive DW crowd, so in the same way my Hask thread on there got a little soured with negativity, I hope this one does not go the same way with the negativity directed at some DW posters who are not even here.
It is not all black and white, even broken clocks are right twice a day, and even Dai has said honestly that he has made mistakes on certain things this year that were defended as not being mistakes by some posters, up until the point Dai said they were. Some of the tone on DW is often unforgivable, but beneath the hyperbolic rhetoric there are points to discuss.

Awards are important but don't sum up the whole season, for example, you will also note that Joe L is not recognised by these awards, when he has been the decisive factor for me in Wasps colours this year in his 12 or so appearances.
Well done to the above winners....
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 04:35:50 PM by westwaleswasp »

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2019, 10:26:34 PM »
Ricohchezwasp, do you have the inside scoop on the academy graduates or will I just have to wait?
I actually wait for this in more anticipation than I do for any final signings at this stage of the season.

ricohchezwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2019, 08:15:55 AM »
yes but patience is a virtue, i expect a lot of people will be pleased when the announcement is made

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2019, 08:48:50 AM »
Congratulations to them all, it is always interesting to see who the players elect. It has been a tough year and when a team loses it is sometimes hard to remember the effort that the players have put in. From the reports, this coming season could be a breakthrough year for the academy.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2019, 11:07:01 AM »
yes but patience is a virtue, i expect a lot of people will be pleased when the announcement is made

I thought you might say that!!!
Look forward to the announcement, think it was the end of May last year

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2019, 12:03:42 PM »
yes but patience is a virtue

Not with me it isn't. I am with Freddie Mercury and Queen on this,

I want it all, and I want it now .

;)