Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Well done Josh  (Read 4285 times)

Nopace

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Well done Josh
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2019, 09:59:23 AM »
Johnny Williams of Falcons.

I thought Fekitoa looked lively.  Put some structures around his pace and skill and he'll be a great asset.  Tommy didn't get much time to impress.  Josh looked lively and showed some good defence.

Enjoyed the game.

Edit: Mitchell and Dombrandt looked impressive.  Barnes waxed lyrical about Dombrandt, and his chances of going to Japan, but he seemed drunk, as usual.  Listening to Sky commentary for the first time in a long time, made me appreciate BT.  Ben Curry looked good to.

thought so too ...it was dire.

Barnes should be retired

AKWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2019, 10:01:22 AM »
Bass was quality in the first half defensively and took his try well, didn’t get much of a look in in the second half.

TT didn’t see much of tbf.

Fekitoa looks v exciting and while thinking about how we might line up next year I was wondering if his capabilities at 12 as JdJ would be unlucky to not feature more regularly at 13. Fekitoa looks pretty decent with ball in hand and his passing looked pretty good so maybe having Lima and Fekitoa at 10/12 with JdJ outside them would be a pretty good set up for the next year or 2.

Do agree about Williams, far too good for championship, offers a little bit of everything you’d want at 12 (except kicking).

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2019, 10:53:17 AM »
No he was quoted in saying he was not interested in being involved but he is there watching. Jim Mallinder is in charge.

He was there for sure, I believe he was looking at Josh Beaumont as a potential stand in Full Back and Marcus Smith as hooker cover.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2019, 11:09:38 AM »
Walder was part of the temporary coaching team as well.

EJ was in the stand on his own sat next to a slightly perplexed lady who was a little camera shy wondering why she was sat next to the current England coach.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2019, 07:51:36 PM »
Bass was quality in the first half defensively and took his try well, didn’t get much of a look in in the second half.

TT didn’t see much of tbf.

Fekitoa looks v exciting and while thinking about how we might line up next year I was wondering if his capabilities at 12 as JdJ would be unlucky to not feature more regularly at 13. Fekitoa looks pretty decent with ball in hand and his passing looked pretty good so maybe having Lima and Fekitoa at 10/12 with JdJ outside them would be a pretty good set up for the next year or 2.

Do agree about Williams, far too good for championship, offers a little bit of everything you’d want at 12 (except kicking).
Agree about the centres. We've developed a habit in recent seasons of having better and more options at 13 than 12. I see both Fekitoa and De Jongh as 13's who can do 12. That's ok, but the key to it all once again becomes Gopperth staying fit.