Always a Wasp

Author Topic: CCFC at St Andrews  (Read 11932 times)

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: CCFC at St Andrews
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2019, 07:29:13 PM »
Terrible for CCFC fans who are being treated like dirt but I fully understand and support Wasps stance. Wasps have done nothing but try to be accommodating and continually have it thrown back in their face. Financially I can't see it having any negative impact on us.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2019, 08:12:42 PM »
Financially it must have some negative impact on Wasps even if it's just the rent!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2019, 08:22:01 PM »
NE said this time last year that financially the footy club added little to the accounts (forget exact words). In fact legally it has certainly been costing Wasps. With EU action possibly taking up to 5 plus years to clear it could well cost Wasps more. Although whether there are any costs associated with sitting around waiting for the EU is a moot point.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 08:23:53 PM by Neils »
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2019, 08:52:21 PM »
Financially it must have some negative impact on Wasps even if it's just the rent!
Yes, they'll lose what was a very low rent. Conversely it frees up 20 odd days when they can use the Ricoh for other purposes. We never got ticket revenue and only a share of food etc. There's a strong chance we'll be better off for it.

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2019, 09:44:47 PM »
I think it's a shame because a good thing can really work between CCFC and Wasps but not while SISU are there.
Glad it's sorted in this respect though

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2019, 10:16:41 PM »

DR told me in no uncertain terms that Wasps don't make any direct money from having them there.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2019, 10:23:47 PM »
Which backs up what NE stated last year. Consistent.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2019, 11:24:00 PM »
They were paying 100k a season and we made about 35k in food and drink i think. They covered their own match day costs.

Can't imagine it would take much to cover that. If you factor in the legal costs they were definitely not worth it.

Marlow Nick

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2019, 09:13:44 AM »
It would be fascinating to know what their deal with Birmingham is. Does anyone know the price they paid to play at Northampton?

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2019, 12:48:25 PM »
As I have said elsewhere, our pitch will only be used for rugby. No need for it to be remarked and posts changes for footy.

Play our A team games at the Ricoh. Get revenue from food and drink sales. Open up one stand only so lower stewarding costs etc.

I doubt if we would be worse off financially than have CCFC there.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2019, 12:55:27 PM »
The 1 yr deal with Brum FC will surely effect CCFC's finances and possible future as well because if the Northampton move is anything to go by attendances will surely be affected.

Brum FC will (hopefully) have looked into what's happened between between SISU and Wasps and  won't have signed a contract lightly.

You would have thought they'd want a lot more than the quoted £100k rent that Wasps may have been charging, and possibly even a deposit up front.

I don't follow CCFC's fortunes but I'm guesing SISU aren't throwing lots of investment at the squad and staff either.

I wonder how Brum FC supporters feel about having CCFC playing their home games at St Andrews. I presume their have their own fan forum as well. That might make for interesting reading

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2019, 02:08:44 PM »
Brum FC will (hopefully) have looked into what's happened between between SISU and Wasps and  won't have signed a contract lightly.

Taken from the EFL statement:

It has also placed a number of conditions on the club “to ensure progress is made in regard to finding a solution to getting the club back playing in Coventry at the earliest opportunity”.

That includes a £1m bond and a quarterly review in order for the EFL to be updated on developments ahead of the 2020/21 season.

Is the £1 million bond a form of deposit to try and keep Sisu in line?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2019, 02:23:21 PM »
Is the bond with EFL or Brum.. I'm not sure why EFL would want a bond (if SISU step out of line then CCFC lose their place in the league - EFL don't have anything to lose really) but I'm guessing Brum FC would have wanted some financial assurance.

BlackCountryWasp

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2019, 04:44:58 PM »
I'd suspect the bond is there to ensure that Sky Blues fulfill their fixtures for the coming season, if SISU fall out with Blues or plead poverty due to not covering their costs at St Andrews then the bond gets kept by the EFL and Sky Blues will likely get thrown out of League 1. Blues will probably get a share of the bond for being accommodating.

Whole situation is a mess, despite the vitriol shown by some of their fans I do feel for them and wish that a way of keeping then in Coventry could have been found. However, the fact remains that if your tenant continues to try and wrestle your property away then why would you keep them in situ.

CCC had an asking price for the Ricoh. Wasps were prepared to pay it and therefore the stadium is ours. SISU had their chance to buy it a few years earlier but reneged.

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2019, 11:23:53 PM »
I get tired of the keyboard warriors and try to avoid them as they get me more annoyed than they really should.
CCFC had ample opportunity to purchase the stadium but expected it for peanuts. Just because you bear the name of the area doesn't entitle you to free stadiums!