Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Premiership Rugby - Season Review, Wasps  (Read 1992 times)

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
Premiership Rugby - Season Review, Wasps
« on: June 20, 2019, 01:43:01 PM »
https://www.premiershiprugby.com/2019/06/20/season-review-wasps/

Hmmm, a massive error in the second paragraph...

'Dai Young’s side narrowly missed out on celebrating an opening day win, suffering a 21-20 defeat to Worcester Warriors at Sixways Stadium.'

Do journalists not do any thorough research anymore, or was this a matter of unable to read?
It was fine when I left it.....

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Premiership Rugby - Season Review, Wasps
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 01:59:46 PM »
Fixed now.

RBB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 02:22:19 PM »
I tweeted at them, not sure if that did it or they just got a competent editor to take a look?

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 03:44:50 PM »
I tweeted at them, not sure if that did it or they just got a competent editor to take a look?

I think they would struggle to find a competent editor. Wasps have a better chance of finding a world class defence coach.

RBB

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 03:50:21 PM »

I think they would struggle to find a competent editor. Wasps have a better chance of finding a world class defence coach.

Aah, the Rocking Horse 5h1t conundrum strikes again ;-)

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 08:35:56 PM »
It's amazing how long we lingered in the top 4 last year. Easy to forget that section given what happened the other side of Christmas.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2019, 07:28:51 AM »
Lingered is an appropriate word. I think if we had somehow managed to hang on to 4th/5th it would have papered over the cracks.

It felt like we were discussing off-field antics more than the rugby itself at times so hopefully with a influx of new players the squad can have a reset.

I also think it was essential to bring a new face into the coaching setup (and unlike some, I think it was attack and not defence that needed addressing). None of us can predict how a RL coach will do but at the very least it shakes things up within the coaching team. Blackett and Titteral have done a really good job but I get the feeling they may have hit a brick wall in terms of how to get the best out of the players and how to break other teams down.

I doubt Gleeson is a shrinking violet. He's played for GB and coached at the top level in RL (UK clubs) so I doubt he's going to be backward in coming forward in expresssing his views or bringing new ideas/tactics to the field.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 07:36:51 AM by BG »

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2019, 07:55:11 AM »
It's amazing how long we lingered in the top 4 last year. Easy to forget that section given what happened the other side of Christmas.

Yep, and how important Billy Searle was. He helped scrape some important wins. I still think he did exceptionally well considering Gopperth's late pre-season injury and general turmoil in the centres.