Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Transfer admin on sportsnetwork?  (Read 1693 times)

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Transfer admin on sportsnetwork?
« on: June 30, 2019, 06:55:04 PM »
Can you guys (vv etc) transfer admin to Boooooo and John Tee on sportsnetwork? Then they can easily keep that site live, and continue posting.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer admin on sportsnetwork?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 07:57:48 AM »
Do the same people who administer the DW site run this site?

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 08:03:29 AM »
I'm a mod here, but nothing there. Vv owns this, and admins there i believe. Not sure about the rest.

I really don't understand why people feel so attached to such an outdated, poorly presented, hard to use forum that has the cheek to then demand articles on top.

However, at the same time, I'm perfectly happy for some to keep posting there, so would like it to survive.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 08:42:25 AM »
UKMS seems to be a mod there but I'm not sure if he posts here?

I think the people that were likely to move from DW to here have already done so, so I no longer post a link to this site when I occasinally post on the DW.

I did post a link to the ViewFrom22 new forum which is similar to SportsNetwork on the DW site for people like Boo or John Tee or SimonG who seem to be getting fed up with the DW site going down.

I didn't send them a link to here though
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 06:05:54 PM by BG »

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 02:31:48 PM »
Back in the 1990s/early 2000s there was a BB on the wasps.co.uk site, but never really took off as most people were on the DW site. It was moderated by Aitch (Helen), but the BB was removed when the current website style was introduced.

Both that and the DW site were a bit like this site in tone: occasional disagreements, but nothing really vitriolic.

Then in about 2012-3 DW started to become a bit of a bear pit, and several of the long term members left. There was an invite-only website setup for those who were getting tired of the DW spats, but of late that appears to have all-but died.

Then again several left, in protest, after it became nasty when the move to the Ricoh was announced, however some changed their names (e.g. Waspenator became Beckenham Wasp then Beckenham Bandit).

I am not a prolific poster but still post on the DW site, although not as much as I used to, and never get involved in the spats.

I guess this site suits me more