Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Christian on the BBC site  (Read 2984 times)

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Christian on the BBC site
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 07:32:11 AM »

Good luck Wadey.
Still miss him in the squad

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2019, 02:35:08 PM »
Me too, even on a bad day - the anticipation of him getting the ball was so great - I still think its England's loss...

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 05:41:55 AM »
Didn't make the team.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2019, 02:51:17 PM »
Not really a surprise.
Let me tell you something cucumber

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2019, 07:49:08 AM »
Not really a surprise.

Its not a surprise and TBH he's actually done a lot better than I thought he would even getting as far as he's done. He's up against equally as fast and athletic running backs who have 10 - 15 yrs more experience.

Does being "cut" mean he's been completely dropped by the Bills (unemployed) or can he stay with the Bills in another capacity (I think I've read there was a training squad that pays decent money).

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2019, 08:16:13 AM »
Confirmed as being in the Practice squad.
Let me tell you something cucumber

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2019, 08:30:11 AM »
The salaries in the practice squads (I am told) are much lower than the main squad as you would expect, c$70k p.a. in the practice squad. However he looks like he has picked up some endorsements etc. along the way so will be making some money but not at the stratospheric heights that the likes of Tom Brady earn.
It was fine when I left it.....

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2019, 08:56:38 AM »
I'd heard that it was in the region of $100k and if he's getting some extra work/endorsements should be enough for him to get by on for a year.

He might be receiving free accomodation/ food and travel so his outgoings might be minimal which all allows him another year to learn and improve, but of course in a years time he'll be up against the latest intake of very good collegiate talent, who will still have years and years of experience over him.

His one advantage is that he shines a light on the NFL from international audiences and the NFL might be keen for one of the franchises to sign him, almost as a marketing tool (no disrespect to Wadey).

Wilberforce

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2019, 11:18:35 AM »
So in the end he's on the Practice Squad as the 11th man. This means he can't be called up to the 53 man roster this season, or be poached by another team.
You can look at it 2 ways - either the Bills want to make sure they hang on to him, or they don't want him taking up a regular PS place. At the moment AFAIK the Bills haven't filled the 10th regular spot so perhaps it is the case that they want to hang on to him.
Downside is that he can't get on the pitch this year, so if he doesn't make the roster next year this may be the  last we see of him...but then if he develops an instinctive understanding fo the game over the next year he might have a chance next year.