Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 3928 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning All
« on: October 05, 2019, 09:49:33 AM »
Surprised not started yet. Hope anyone going won't be too disappointed.  Safe journey to anyone venturing that way.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 10:06:31 AM »
Good morning all from a dank and dreary Hastings. Autumn has definitely set in. Sale riding high in the tournament. I hope we can put a dent in Dimes' ambitions. Best wishes to all heading North.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 10:31:55 AM »
Morning from a dank West Country, coffee in hand, rugby on TV, not much of a game!

Safe travels to one and all

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 10:48:49 AM »
Morning all, enjoying a coffee after delivering the kids to their rugby and theatre. Will try and listen to the game, the BBC Cov and Warwickshire radio coverage is much better now. Here's to a great performance. Safe travels.

Come on You Wasps!

Notso

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 10:50:14 AM »
Morning all, really hoping to be impressed today, would make it a good weekend. Best of luck to everyone going. Hopefully an enjoyable game

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2019, 11:05:36 AM »
Morning all, struggling to shake a cold today so feeling sorry for myself.

Not expecting an awful lot from this game to be honest.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2019, 11:35:03 AM »
Late Morning All,

Just watched E v Arg. Good to see the likes of Mako, Henry and Jack back in the fold. Hopefully Billy and Joe M are OK. Going to be a real humdinger v F next week.

A real challenge for our guys at the AJB this afternoon. Fingers crossed that they can get a result. Safe travels to all going.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2019, 12:12:35 PM »
Morning all. Not expecting anything from today or necessarily wanting much other than no injuries and a pipe opener for a few.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2019, 01:02:42 PM »
Morning all, been with the lad for his school game this morning, an away win in Leicester always good to watch. Safe travels all.

FishingWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2019, 02:08:21 PM »
Morning all. Not expecting anything from today or necessarily wanting much other than no injuries and a pipe opener for a few.
+1. I'll give BBC Cov a try and hope it's better than a commentary I listened to from Sale a few years ago. The commentators seemed to be football commentators, who knew very little about rugby in general, let alone the laws, and had not taken the trouble to learn the players names (apart from LBND). So it was Wasps have got the ball and err a wasps player is err running up the field...and now Sale have the ball....etc.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2019, 02:36:56 PM »
+1. I'll give BBC Cov a try and hope it's better than a commentary I listened to from Sale a few years ago. The commentators seemed to be football commentators, who knew very little about rugby in general, let alone the laws, and had not taken the trouble to learn the players names (apart from LBND). So it was Wasps have got the ball and err a wasps player is err running up the field...and now Sale have the ball....etc.

Believe Bobby Bridge, wasps writer for cov tel, whose articles are often linked on here is doing it alongside Richard Moon (former Quins 9).

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2019, 03:28:56 PM »
Seems that Coventry and Warwickshire are not covering after all, heard a bit of build up  but had to go, got back and it's just a CCFC match...

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2019, 05:17:23 PM »
Very interested to hear the views of anyone that went to the match.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 06:10:18 PM by Heathen »

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2019, 05:55:56 PM »
BBC CWR did cover the game. Richard Moon and Bobby Bridge described the action.

It sounded as if Wasps played well first half and nearly pinched a win in the last couple of minutes.

Wasps gave away a lot  of penalties - mostly at scrum time.

Wolstenholme appeared to play well with Jacob, Willis and Thibaut getting plenty of mentions.

Not a bad result given the quality of the Sale team.

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2019, 06:28:59 PM »
BBC CWR did cover the game. Richard Moon and Bobby Bridge described the action.

It sounded as if Wasps played well first half and nearly pinched a win in the last couple of minutes.

Wasps gave away a lot  of penalties - mostly at scrum time.

Wolstenholme appeared to play well with Jacob, Willis and Thibaut getting plenty of mentions.

Not a bad result given the quality of the Sale team.

Twitter spectated - from what I could see I thought Wasps did pretty well considering the team Sale put out, I kind of agree with Dai's selection given that it is a high risk strategy putting your best 23 out in matches such as as this. The disappointing element is not making a 10 point lead lead take us on to a win, and not answering Sale putting 14 points on us .  The new Wasps seem to be coming together as a unit, Woolsencroft also appears to be a bit of a find, and we probably have less of a SH issue than perhaps I first feared. Umaga seems to have stepped up well to a senior role, and from what I could see Kibirige had a good game.
It was fine when I left it.....