Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning all a tad early  (Read 3576 times)

ricohchezwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning all a tad early
« on: October 11, 2019, 12:37:23 PM »
Hi guys, reporting from my Typhoon shelter in Japan .... sad to be missing England France tomorrow but not ruining my amazing holiday in Japan. Looking forward to a victory tomorrow vs Wuss, be good to end the cup comp with a victory. Great some new names are getting a game and some players back from injury. Japan has been brilliant great Rugby awesome golf and so much that the people of Britain could learn about being polite helpful and humble. They also have the most ridiculous toilets, self driving  golf buggies cap parks and always needing to remove ones shoes 😄😄

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning all a tad early
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 12:48:30 PM »
Hope the typhoon leaves you alone, we escaped just after the Argentina game (where we arrived and ended up siting adjacent to another couple of Wasps fans). Missing the heated toilet seats and great manners.

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 01:52:02 PM »
On mad toilets; the first time I pressed the jet wash option was an eye opener, literally!!

Stay safe and enjoy the rest of your holiday.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 01:54:39 PM »
That's a long way to travel to get the prize for "Earliest Morning All". Well done Ricoh!

I hope you stay safe in the predicted maelstrom (word for the day) and I hope it won't be as bad as predicted.

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 01:58:08 PM »
On mad toilets; the first time I pressed the jet wash option was an eye opener, literally!!

Ah, I though that was a aqua-flossing attachment

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 02:11:19 PM »

Ah, I though that was a aqua-flossing attachment
It has a few similarities!

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2019, 04:03:08 PM »
Safe travels to those out there.
I have never been able to get to a WC, thanks to being a teacher, and have only seen the Lions at home in Cardiff for the same reason (2005 tour warm up).
I have missed the last morning all threads, so am delighted to see an early one....

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2019, 05:25:52 PM »
Safe travels Richard.

I spent 10 days in Japan in 2000. My company were holding a global technology event out there. Spent the first five days in Tokyo before we decamped to the science city of Tsukuba. The bedrooms in the accomodation complex gave a whole new meaning to bijou! Heated loo seats plus the other accoutrements as detailed above.

A real contrast of old and new - the temples v. Ginza!!

ricohchezwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2019, 12:32:18 AM »
Well it is now Saturday morning here, up in the mountains so away from the worst I am hoping , been raining all night so golf tomorrow may be a washout, enjoy today everyone

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2019, 09:15:39 AM »
Good morning from a grey and damp Devizes.  Daughter and self will be in the 1056 from Chippenham to Coventry.  Safe travel to all.
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2019, 09:21:35 AM »
Morning all, about to watch sons school game then pick up daughter from cubs sleepover before going to the game. Safe travels all.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2019, 10:07:29 AM »
Well it is now Saturday morning here, up in the mountains so away from the worst I am hoping , been raining all night so golf tomorrow may be a washout, enjoy today everyone

If your in a decent hotel they will keep you upto speed with what is going on.
I used to travel to Japan quite regularly a few years ago for work (20 times in 11years) and was there for the earthquake & Tsunami, I was just west of Tokyo so not too close but it wasn't a pleasant experience. When all announcements on what was happening were put out in Japanese only the hotel would give me a translated version.
All public transport stopped on the day it happened, but was up and running again the following day.

ricohchezwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2019, 10:45:28 AM »
It’s ok we have had  our warning translated

“Don’t panic Mr Mainwaring Don’t panic”
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 10:47:15 AM by ricohchezwasp »

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2019, 11:28:25 AM »
Good morning all,

The weather in Coventry is good for rugby right now. Not sure of the forecast for 3.00pm

Our squad is not quite at its strongest today but its probably going to be too strong for Worcester.

We ought to dominate teams like Worcester and run them off the park but I’m a little nervous the squad might serve up a frustrating small point win.

I really hope that Dan, Lima and Fekitoa click.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2019, 11:59:41 AM »
Nearly Afternoon All! Safe travels to all that are attending the game. Fingers crossed for a W, some encouraging performances and no more injuries.