Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 2087 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning All
« on: October 20, 2019, 07:34:07 AM »
Surprised no-one has started this yet.
To all travellers be safe. About to walk dog then papers so four hours from set off.
Hoping that what appears to be a strong team can do the job = well. This will set us up going forward hopefully. Lots of hopes!
Let me tell you something cucumber

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 07:43:03 AM »
Good morning all.  On the 1019 from Chippenham with daughter hoping to avoid any banana skins.  A bonus point win would be nice.  Safe travels one and all.
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 08:13:18 AM »
Morning all!

I'm not going to the Ricoh today, but have pretty much cleared the day so I can actually get to watch this one as it happens!

Looking at the team we should have this in the bag, but the last year or so has taught me that that actually means very little and we can scrape out the unlikeliest of losses where we should have the win all sewn up.

Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 08:14:09 AM »
Morning all from a very pleasant but chilly South Bucks.

Today will be a good opportunity for the team to lay down a statement of intent. I fancy that there will be closer camararderie among the squad than there has been in recent seasons. Really looking forward to seeing our backs being given a decent platform to work from.

On the Zeelo coach from HW today - don't know if anyone else on here uses it.

#COYW

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 08:40:51 AM »
Morning all. A few hours from setting off. Looking forward to this one and i think we'll win, possibly with a bonus point. From what I've seen we look like a tighter squad this year and appear to be in the happy position of having several international standard players who for one reason or another will spend lots of time with us.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 08:44:04 AM »
Morning all, bit of coaching this morning then off to the game, feeling positive but yesterday's results show how tight this season will be.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2019, 09:13:12 AM »
Morning all. Really looking forward to this afternoon. First proper game of the new season. Haven't got much of a clue about LI but I know they'll be up for it. I like the look of our team. We should win this but the opening game of the season against the newly promoted side has the potential to be an enormous banana skin.

Allez, allez, allez.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2019, 10:16:55 AM »
Morning all. Up late this morning, just in time to catch the Welsh game. Will watch the Japan game then set off.

BlackCountryWasp

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2019, 10:30:19 AM »
Morning all from a sunny and crisp Halesowen. Part one of my day has gone well with Wales winning. Now to watch Japan v Boks before the usual run to the Ricoh. Being joined by a dozen people from work today so our bit of block 26 will be a bit busier than usual.

Good team selection and hope we click. An opening day win would be great. Mon the Wasps!!!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 10:31:54 AM by BlackCountryWasp »

FishingWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2019, 10:56:19 AM »
Morning all from a dry, chilly, cloudy South Bucks.

Allways nervous for the first game of the season, particularly this one as the not nots have so many newcomers who we do not know, though on paperI would expect a bonus point win.

On our way shortly, now that the adrenalin has settled following the conclusion of Wales v France!

COYW

Jac A

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2019, 11:05:23 AM »
Morning all,

Sunny enough start here in South London. Busy day so far - dog walked, hedge trimmed, bulbs planted and the Wales France match mostly watched! Taking the little man to Munchkin rugby then off to the airport for some overpriced half-term sun.

Best wishes to all those making there way to the game today (and those staying at home to watch). The games were all tight yesterday with a couple of surprising results so I'm hoping rather than expecting the bonus point win. Take care all.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2019, 12:23:14 PM »
Good morning. Or rather afternoon. I almost started a thread at one am, but felt it was against the spirit of the ritual.
At home today- done way too much marking and other work related nonsense at home this week to be able to spend a day on the rugby- just too much to do.