Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 2040 times)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Morning All
« on: October 26, 2019, 05:41:40 AM »
Up early due to taking daughter and her boyfriend down to Stanstead to fly to Venice for a holiday, so I will miss the England game. Outside it is the very, very wet last summertime start of the day, as we look forward to an extra hour in bed tomorrow.

I can't feel good about today. This year's Wasps squad have a lot of team building to do. A work in progress. I think, each week, we will see something start to go right, and it will be fits and starts. I suspect it will be beyond Christmas before it all really starts to click.

I would clarify that. I can't feel good as in I can't see us winning. But, I hope to see improvement in our gameplay and teamwork. In such wet weather, there will be knock-ons, wayward passes, scrums galore (and lots of resets as the pack will never keep their grip). Lots of kicking will be the order, and many solo runs. Ball in hand and hold tight. Balls ripped in the tackle.

I will watch the game on my favorite streaming site, hoping it doesn't go down.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 07:20:58 AM »
Morning all,

It sounded like we had half a years of rainfall last night here in Warwickshire. The forecast says rain all day in Glos but I think they have a hybrid pitch so hopefully it won't turn into a mud bath but conditions are going to favour a forward battle and Glos are fielding a monster pack.

Lets hope the boys get their heads down and get stuck in.

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 07:22:55 AM »
Good morning all.  Watching this one from behind the sofa fearing our old boys will give us a spanking.  Hoping for a win but anything positive from this one I think will be a bonus.  Safe travels one and all.
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 07:49:35 AM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours.

Looking forward to the game today, not sure if the conditions will help or hinder our chances against Gloucester. In the interesting battle of the half backs my gut feeling is the conditions will suit Simpson and Lima more, so one each!

Here's to as great a game as possible in the conditions. Safe travels.

Come on You Wasps!

Notso

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2019, 07:50:21 AM »
Morning all. About to venture out with the dogs on a very wet and windy morning and this is on the East Coast so glad not going to Gloucestershire today. Have little hopes of any points but would love to be wrong. Actually not sure I can watch it but I am sure a nice bottle of mid-afternoon red might make me. Good travels to any venturing into the swimming pool.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2019, 08:50:01 AM »
Morning all,

Was called in to see the CEO at work yesterday and put on notice of redundancy.  So I will be spending most of my day trying to get things into soms sort of order that I can start my own business again over the next 8 weeks or so. So I will probably get to at least follow the game while I'm working on the business plan, the website, and so on.

That aside I feel like we may well step up for this one.  I don't think we'll win it, but I think we'll see an improvement.

Hope so anyway, I could do with some cheer right now.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2019, 09:21:19 AM »
Morning from the edge of the rainfall east of Bristol - it is tipping it down and forecast to carry on and on

Its good pitch at Glaws and it will have to be......

Not feeling terribly optimistic about this one - love to be proved wrong!

Safe travels to all who are going

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2019, 09:58:06 AM »
Morning all. Half time in Japan. Somehow doesn't seem quite right watching rugby and eating my breakfast. Lets give our former Wasps a really hard time. If anyone should know how Joe and Danny play, it's us. We need to be ruthless when we get hold of them. Think Paul Volley and Ronan O'Gara.
It's dry but very windy in Hastings. Safe travels to all and good luck to the boys.

On another note, sorry to hear about your probs, VV. Good fortune to you.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2019, 09:58:46 AM »
Sorry to hear that VV. Good luck with your order sorting.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2019, 01:02:15 PM »
Morning all. Good luck Vespula. I'll take any sort of point today.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2019, 01:14:52 PM »
Sorry to hear that Vesper.
Hopefully today's rugby will cheer you up.