Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Sione Vailanu  (Read 4644 times)

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Sione Vailanu
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2019, 10:56:47 AM »
During commentary, Jim Hamilton said he was impressive and how he tried to avoid him in training.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2019, 01:51:53 PM »
He certainly has a bit of promise.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2019, 06:12:41 PM »
Vailanu is a good option for me. When we have all our sixes and sevens fit I expect Carr to start at 8 most of the time with SV capable of impact later on.

So many on here have bemoaned our lack of heavyweight forwards capable of trucking the ball up over the gainline. For me he's a starter, with a more mobile Carr coming off the bench to run at/around tired defenders.

This. I do wonder how often people comment from their TV chair rather than see all the player movement live.
For me he is is big improvement on this time last year when Hughes was virtually broken (the fact he (Hughes) is working now is due to a lack of Eddie more than anything else).
I've seen him live three times. Agree he's a big improvement on Hughes a) he wants to be here and b) he's been on the pitch. I guess it's each to their own in terms of him and Carr. I think Vailanu is a great prospect but at the minute he's carrying a lot but not always making yards and he's gone on his own a lot. Carr is a proper player.