Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Saracens docked 35 points  (Read 92638 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Saracens docked 35 points
« Reply #270 on: November 14, 2019, 05:02:20 PM »
.... We should all refer to them as The Asterisks in future.

Seconded.

As somebody else said the three stars on their shirts are now to be taken as asterisks denoting they are cheats.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 14, 2019, 05:04:37 PM »
They could be "expletive deleted", as in "f*** Saracens".

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 14, 2019, 05:28:18 PM »
Unless i am missing something, they have been found guilty and dealt with. They have sanction in place and appealing is a given.
Lets just wait and see what happens.
There will be no European league. Its much more complicated than that and other competitions are quite happy with their current setup. I also suspect Sarries are alone in this. I don't see Bath or Bristol wanting to spend more just because they can, I believe Craig has calmed down on his previous idea's. Salaries should be worried, if by magic the appeal is upheld, I foresee a fallout with the other clubs and like it or not, Salarycens need the other clubs more than they need them.

From what I have seen ... There is no appeal process, only a review process, under very tight definitions, none of which applies in this case. No review has been requested by Sarries, despite all the smoke and mirrors, press statements and all.

If this is all that happens, and they carry on as before, then I, for one, don't see the point of attending games or paying for a season ticket. I would imagine many more 'fans' who like to see a fair game of rugby will simply walk away. I know I will.

It will not take many like minded souls to vote with our feet to really hurt those who have money to waste.

If the owners cannot see that this will happen, they must be blind.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 14, 2019, 06:26:02 PM »
Well if the review is unsuccessful then it wont continue to happen surely, the changes will have to be made by Salarycens.
I know what your saying but for Wasps to suffer as a consequence of this lot is a tough stance...though I do get it, it does taste bad.
Like I said, I think their would be a backlash from other clubs..or at least I hope so

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 14, 2019, 07:03:32 PM »

I suspect that most of us watch live rugby because we love the game.
We buy tickets and season tickets for the Ricoh because we love our club.

The Saracens farce doesn't change that.

What I would love to see though it's an empty Allianz park every week with no way fans at all.

It would be nice for all grounds to be empty when Saracens visit, but unfortunately that would hurt the clubs we love

NorthYorksWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 14, 2019, 07:08:11 PM »
To some extent hit them where it hurts. If they get away with it via the review then all fans from every other team boycott matches at Allianz Park, that leaves only their own meagre support base there. Not good for their bank balance and not good for the TV companies to see.

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 14, 2019, 07:33:31 PM »
To some extent hit them where it hurts. If they get away with it via the review then all fans from every other team boycott matches at Allianz Park, that leaves only their own meagre support base there. Not good for their bank balance and not good for the TV companies to see.
Wray can afford it.

I would put it development teams against them as long as it is coordinated between all the club's. Take a United stand to demonstrate the futility of playing them. That would force PRL to do something as they would be watching their League disintegrate around them.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 14, 2019, 07:39:54 PM »
Im not sure that many people go to the Allianz anyway, away supporters i mean...well, both actually.

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 15, 2019, 07:58:45 AM »
Dublin. Interesting to see who owns the server address; J2Global (who own, among other things, the Ziff Davies publishing empire).

Are there some implications I'm missing here? I don't do subtlety very well........

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 15, 2019, 08:03:54 AM »
If they get away with it via the review then all fans from every other team boycott matches at Allianz Park, that leaves only their own meagre support base there. Not good for their bank balance and not good for the TV companies to see.

But by being allowed to field that same squad, they have already got away with it to a large extent

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 15, 2019, 08:29:03 AM »
Not large extent - totally!
Let me tell you something cucumber

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 15, 2019, 09:59:22 AM »
If they get away with it via the review then all fans from every other team boycott matches at Allianz Park, that leaves only their own meagre support base there. Not good for their bank balance and not good for the TV companies to see.

But by being allowed to field that same squad, they have already got away with it to a large extent

Exactly.

The whole premiership is currently worthless. One team of utterly unapologetic cheats supported by a massive PR machine and several high profile pundits, and the rest scrapping for the leftovers.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

NorthYorksWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 15, 2019, 10:21:25 AM »
Ok, accepted, but how do we, the ordinary fans, make our anger known to those ‘in charge’?

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 15, 2019, 10:48:35 AM »
Ok, accepted, but how do we, the ordinary fans, make our anger known to those ‘in charge’?

Email/write to as many interested parties as you can be bothered to do and then start voting with your feet if/when nothing changes......

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 15, 2019, 11:07:02 AM »
I know Derek and some of the senior team at Wasps follow this forum, so they will know some of us are feeling this way. Is that enough?

I doubt it.

Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here