Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Bon Matin Tout Le Monde!  (Read 10544 times)

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Bon Matin Tout Le Monde!
« on: November 16, 2019, 07:25:07 AM »
Bon Matin Tout Le Monde! (As Del Boy would say).

I hope the weather is better in Bordeaux for the travelling fans than it is here in Warwickshire.

I hope the team forget the stresses of the league and just enjoy the experience (as it will be new for most).

We're up against an in form side but I hope things click for us this game

SilverShire

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Bon Matin Tout Le Monde!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 08:07:37 AM »
Morning ladies and gents.
I currently on the train up to oxford to shoot in a clay pigeon competition. The is a big meal and drinking session after so probably won’t be able to catch the match. I can’t see us walking away with much from this match, but I hope I am wrong!

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 08:20:28 AM »
Il pleut!

Morning BG, morning all. Very wet in Bordeaux.

Taxi driver thinks there’s a risk of cancelling the match. Maybe just scare-mongering.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 08:40:10 AM »
Over 4 ins of rain predicted around the middle of the day. The rain radar tells the story and coming off the Atlantic, it will be blowing a hoolie, as they say in some parts of the world!

https://www.meteo60.fr/previsions-meteo-agricole-bordeaux.html

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 08:44:24 AM »
Morning folks. A damp and cold morning here. I was in Stratford-upon-Avon yesterday as the Environment Agency was putting up the flood barriers as the River Avon was overflowing its banks into Bancroft Gardens, the canal basin and the park opposite. I could be wrong, but I think the last time it did that in the town itself was 1998.

Sounds like it could be a muddy match, but an 8PM KO?

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2019, 08:54:06 AM »
9 pm local time. Dictated by TV.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2019, 09:21:59 AM »
Morning all from a very wet Bordeaux.  Yesterday was lovely today utter crap. Fortunately not cold cold but started hammering down and just raining with heavier to come. Even the local weather forecaster said sorry!
Trying to judge today without getting pickled or coffee'd out prior to 9 pm! Met lots of nice Wasps last night and the town remains friendly.
Enjoy all wherever you are. Onward to the wine museum!
Let me tell you something cucumber

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2019, 10:04:08 AM »
Il pleut!

Taxi driver thinks there’s a risk of cancelling the match. Maybe just scare-mongering.

Il pleut. Les Chat et Les Chien?

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2019, 10:14:28 AM »
Miserably grey in Hastings. Cold and very damp. Sounds worse in Bordeaux. Hope the game isn't postponed.

Allez. Allez. Allez.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2019, 10:27:43 AM »
Morning all, pleased to see the game is on TV this evening, assuming it goes ahead. A Euro game is a big empty box on my list of things to do, so in spite of the rain I am envious. One of my wife's cancer nurses is going so an extra added hope that all of the travellers are rewarded with a great game and in any case are enjoying the famous French rugby hospitality.

Take care,
Notso

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2019, 10:50:00 AM »
Il pleut!

Il pleut. Les Chat et Les Chien?

Exacte!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2019, 10:59:06 AM »
Morning all. I'd probably take any sort of point today. Odd sort of result elsewhere in the group. I'm hoping a good run in this competition can facilitate an injection of much needed confidence.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2019, 11:02:18 AM »
Bordeaux: Buros, Plazy, Radradra, Tamanivalu, Connor; Jalibert, Lesgourges; Poirot, Pelissie, Kaulashvili, Tutaia, Cazeaux, Roumat, Woki, Tauleigne.

Replacements: Dufour, Ravai, El Fakir, Marais, Higginbotham, Gimbert, Meret, Seuteni.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2019, 11:13:05 AM »
Morning all. I'd probably take any sort of point today. Odd sort of result elsewhere in the group. I'm hoping a good run in this competition can facilitate an injection of much needed confidence.

Why an odd sort of result. 5 points away from home doesn't seem too odd. Yes pedal off the gas but still won. Quite a few first choice to come back. Probably top with Bordeaux close.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2019, 01:52:38 PM »

Why an odd sort of result. 5 points away from home doesn't seem too odd. Yes pedal off the gas but still won. Quite a few first choice to come back. Probably top with Bordeaux close.
I thought Agen would be better on home soil and I've seen Edinburgh a few times and not always been impressed.