Always a Wasp

Author Topic: A question about Sarries  (Read 16816 times)

St Bruno

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: A question about Sarries
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2019, 03:48:52 PM »
Playing Devil's Advocate here.
If the setting-up of these "co-investments" involved a deposit on the properties concerned, coming 50% from Asterisks and 50% from the players, and the balance funded by a mortgage paid by the player (or paid out of the rent received), then presumably the deposit contributed by Asterisks would be the only element caught by the salary cap.

Remember that this is not a first offence and may well not be a second offence either. There may well have been undiscoverable payments made by the SA part-owners back in SA to the horde of players recruited from that country.

I think Wray is not a "fit and proper person" to be involved in any PRL club. He has debased the Premiership to the point that it is hardly worth bothering about. I just wish there was a way that the other clubs could find to consign them to relegation.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2019, 05:05:21 PM »
Does anyone think, had England won the WC, that it could be argued that the trophy is tainted (by association)?

If pressed - yes!

Nope. Best players from a nation. Salary has absolutely nothing to do with that.

Now had the 23 included multiple imports (Rhodes, Koch (if possible), Barritt etc), then potentially.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2019, 11:34:29 PM »
Nope. Best players from a nation. Salary has absolutely nothing to do with that.

Actually, I was thinking along the lines of how much Wray has said he had done for England rugby.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2019, 08:20:02 AM »

Actually, I was thinking along the lines of how much Wray has said he had done for England rugby.

I'd go along with this.. if the Sarries players weren't at Sarries then they'd still be at other EPL clubs and still available to England.

The bigger question is why so many are at Sarries and if they hadn't been there would have they ended up as international players?

Because of Sarries previous success the club could attract the best talent.

Something they were doing years ago, they are now reaping the benefit from. Its similar to athletes taking hormone growth injections.. its helps promote and increase cellular growth. The athelete could still be benefitting years after ending the course of injections/pills.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2019, 11:53:08 AM »
The Sale owner has been quite vocal saying he could quite easily spend more but wants Sale to stick to the rules.. interestingly he's the brother of the former Take That member Jason Orange

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2019, 11:55:39 AM »
The Sale owner has been quite vocal saying he could quite easily spend more but wants Sale to stick to the rules.. interestingly he's the brother of the former Take That member Jason Orange

This was on the main EAs thread a few days ago. Silly comment to make (Orange).
Let me tell you something cucumber

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2019, 12:16:25 PM »
The latest thread on the EA's board about applause at the 25th minute of their game in support of Wray, just beggars belief. I've written a comment 3 times, but then not posted it. To be fair, most of their fans are saying it's a poor idea, but that a single one of them can even begin to contemplate it just shows that they live in some kind of parallel universe.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2019, 12:27:40 PM »
25th minute?

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2019, 12:31:31 PM »
We should stop being so hard on them, which of us has not inadvertently spent nearly a million quid a year over three years? It must be so easily done and the poor man is surely angst-ridden.

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2019, 12:55:42 PM »
25th minute?

25 years of Nigel

Not a lot of posters over there who appear to be in favour

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2019, 02:22:06 PM »
We should stop being so hard on them, which of us has not inadvertently spent nearly a million quid a year over three years? It must be so easily done and the poor man is surely angst-ridden.

;D ;D ;D

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2019, 02:29:42 PM »
Somebody has put a petition up on DW to strip honours.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2019, 04:19:11 PM »
If you look at other sports.. previous sporting achievements have been wiped off the records once rule breaking has been proved. PRL argue that their rules don't allow them to do so.. sounds like a cop out to me.

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2019, 05:22:06 PM »
https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/wray

I can’t do the link but a meaning of Wray is ‘betray’.  Was going to put on endless thread but decided using Google was cheating.
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2019, 05:23:08 PM »
I also note Ben Kay saying the report must be released to avoid continual suspicion of a cover up.