Always a Wasp

Author Topic: A question about Sarries  (Read 17626 times)

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: A question about Sarries
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2019, 07:11:53 PM »
Fully get where you’re coming from but surely if PRL have treated investments to be part of the cap, surely the rules about frontloading contracts and averaging wages over contract years would still apply?

Biggest issue is we can’t say who’s right until PRL say what’s happened

But I think the thing is that they're saying they're not part of the cap - hence the fine.

So if they're not legal, and they don't have any rules to define them, then there's no rule to say they can't be front loaded.

Totally sucks

Your explanation unsettles me as it seems very possible, one can only hope that that possibility will be factored into the mid-season audit but it’ll be hard to track.

I don't wanna be a total doom monger, but I don't see that the mid season audit will help given that the investments are external to Saracens anyway

The only hope there is that Wray and Co. have made a mistake with the official Saracens accounts, but I doubt his accountants will have been that stupid.
Everything outside the cap will be carefully channelled away from Saracens so they everything looks fine to an audit

I need to get some happy pills

Marlow Nick

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2019, 10:47:12 PM »
Beating the cap is easy. The rules encompass transactions between anyone in the club with any player or their family. Just give some money to a friend outside the club and ask them to give it to the players. Simples

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2019, 11:40:32 AM »
Beating the cap is easy. The rules encompass transactions between anyone in the club with any player or their family. Just give some money to a friend outside the club and ask them to give it to the players. Simples

+1 . Sarries recently resigned FD is reportedly worth £300m. Does anyone think he's going to cut off his ties with Saracens. The cap can only be properly enforced if the players agree to open up access to their various bank accounts which will never happen

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2019, 11:56:24 AM »
Even if they do give access, I think money coming in from someone "not associated" with the club is outside the cap.

I am not sure how you deal with someone who just thinks they can do what they please and has the hide of a Rhino, and has plenty of options for working round things.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2019, 12:19:26 PM »
Even if they do give access, I think money coming in from someone "not associated" with the club is outside the cap.

I am not sure how you deal with someone who just thinks they can do what they please and has the hide of a Rhino, and has plenty of options for working round things.

Nail on head time!  You can do bu@@er all against somebody like Wray who is, allegedly, on record as saying he will not stick to an unworkable capping system.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2019, 12:55:32 PM »
You can bring in a 'Fit and Proper Person' Test, to explicitly include an item on financial management around the cap and then kick the owner out. Make it a majority vote in PRL to prevent it being vetoed.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2019, 02:57:17 PM »
Estate agents 23 for Bath game tomorrow. Four weeks on from the disappointment of the 32-12 defeat by the Springboks, all eight of Sarries' England players that featured in Yokohama, as well as South Africa prop Vincent Koch, will be back on club duty. And they say they are complying with the salary cap >:(

15 Elliot Daly (1)
14 Sean Maitland (67)
13 Duncan Taylor (119)
12 Brad Barritt © (248)
11 Alex Lewington (36)
10 Owen Farrell (193)
9 Richard Wigglesworth (236)
1 Mako Vunipola (161)
2 Jamie George (220)
3 Titi Lamositele (81)
4 Will Skelton (68)
5 George Kruis (179)
6 Maro Itoje (113)
7 Jackson Wray (233)
8 Billy Vunipola (104)

Replacements

16 Jack Singleton (3)
17 Richard Barrington (178)
18 Vincent Koch (69)
19 Nick Isiekwe (73)
20 Ben Earl (48)
21 Ben Spencer (162)
22 Manu Vunipola (12)
23 Nick Tompkins (111)
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2019, 03:25:37 PM »
International caps (x)

15 Elliot Daly (36)
14 Sean Maitland (42)
13 Duncan Taylor (23)
12 Brad Barritt © (26)
11 Alex Lewington (0)
10 Owen Farrell (83)
9 Richard Wigglesworth (33)
1 Mako Vunipola (63)
2 Jamie George (47)
3 Titi Lamositele (28)
4 Will Skelton (18)
5 George Kruis (43)
6 Maro Itoje (37)
7 Jackson Wray (0)
8 Billy Vunipola (50)

Caps per Wiki and including Lions Tests = 529 International Caps.......not bad for a "club side"

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2019, 07:45:25 PM »
Wait until Liam Williams comes in and replaces Alex Lewington! 😒

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2019, 10:29:14 PM »
Rifleman: They have a Fit & Proper Person system in football & it seems to have been of little use with some of the peculiar persons who have bought & sold clubs.

Rifleman Harris

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2019, 11:13:38 PM »
Rifleman: They have a Fit & Proper Person system in football & it seems to have been of little use with some of the peculiar persons who have bought & sold clubs.
As a Notts County fan I know that all too well!!

I think that is in the implementation. The rules seem to be too easily circumnavigated by a jurisdiction that won't do even rudimentary background checks or stand up to bullies. If it were enforced properly then I doubt Notts would have been run by fraudsters for a year and Bury would still be around.

I'm sure the rules could be written in such a way that they are more relevant and worthwhile, but they are only any use of the regulating authority implements and enforced them.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2019, 09:14:02 AM »
As a Notts County fan I know that all too well!!

I think that is in the implementation. The rules seem to be too easily circumnavigated by a jurisdiction that won't do even rudimentary background checks or stand up to bullies. If it were enforced properly then I doubt Notts would have been run by fraudsters for a year and Bury would still be around.

I'm sure the rules could be written in such a way that they are more relevant and worthwhile, but they are only any use of the regulating authority implements and enforced them.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Sounds familiar!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2019, 10:21:44 AM »
'Fit and Proper' is soccer == has oudles of money to throw around.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2019, 10:52:16 AM »
Wait until Liam Williams comes in and replaces Alex Lewington! 😒

Adds 65 caps and so = 594 and a starting average of just under 40 CAPS per player...That's better than most international sides isn't it?

Rifleman Harris

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2019, 11:13:25 AM »
'Fit and Proper' is soccer == has oudles of money to throw around.

Yes, but it need only be something along the lines of 'Must not have been found to be breaking or circumnavigating any of the rules as agreed by the clubs forming PRL'.

Personally, I'm of the view that the only way forwards from here, given that Saracens clearly are continuing circumnavigating the Salary Cap is to reform the league with the remaining 12 members of the original league, dropping Saracens.