Always a Wasp

Author Topic: ST freebies  (Read 2187 times)

Heathen

• View Profile
ST freebies
« on: December 20, 2019, 03:19:39 PM »
Email sent to all STHs offering additional free tix for the 7 home games from Sarries onwards. As  far as I can see you can get up to 20 free tix per match!!! Only charge is admin fee (£3 for two tix).

I have bought 7 pairs of tix in Block E - good views of the pitch = close to where I sit in row R. Any non STHs interested in having these = please PM me.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: ST freebies
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 09:48:53 PM »
Just used my families 4 season tickets to get 80 tickets for the Exeter game, that's my minis team and parents end of season event sorted!

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2019, 05:50:20 AM »
I think there was a disussion about this towards the end of last season when Chunk and Roger (I think) said they were to be part of the supporters forum and asked for sugestions..

Some of us mentioned that it would be a good gesture to offer free tickets each season to ST holders (to promote the club) and also to give those receiving free tickets more advanced warning to allow guests to arrange a suitable day... but... that's a lot of free tickets they are potentially giving away. Are they worried about crowd and ST numbers?

I wonder if giving so many free ones away is counter-productive though.. a potential ST buyer might choose to buy match day tickets as a when and then rely on freebies via ST holders for other games
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 08:15:31 AM by BG »

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2019, 07:56:54 AM »
It will be interesting to know how many ST holders there are this season. Gutfeel says that is way down on last year.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 08:18:18 AM »
I think it is a large amount of tickets, the ones i have got would have cost more than the familys season tickets! But I have only taken that many for the one game so I can give the opportunity to the boys and girls I coach along with a thank you to their parents who might not go so often and hopefully some will go more often the following season.

BlackCountryWasp

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2019, 08:34:40 AM »
Good move by the club and we'll be taking advantage of the offer to bring friends and colleagues to each game. Despite them losing on the gate receipts, every person will probably buy something that helps the club, be it a programme, a pint, food or something from the club shop. We also might generate some new regulars.

Most importantly, getting the place as full as possible helps the boys on the pitch. More backing to help them along in what looks likely to be a relegation battle, if the atmosphere is good then it's like starting with points on the board.

Doctorkmt

• Wasps Rugby Fan, part time troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2019, 09:19:48 AM »
That's a LOT of free tickets. Attendances have to be down because of the dire offering being served up on the pitch this season. I dread looking at the score this year, so frustrating so far.
@doctorkmt

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2019, 11:15:02 AM »
Just to let everyone know - they pulled the offer early (due to finish today according to the email), because existing ST holders were requesting vast numbers of tickets.

So if you haven't ordered any yet, it isn't available online anymore, however for many, but not all, matches the TO will process them if you phone them up.

However TO closes at 4 today.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2019, 11:31:33 AM »
Are the Wasps marketing and promo team offsprings of the ones that worked at Hoover?

Buy a Hoover for £20 and get free £1000 tickets to New York.

What did they think was going to happen?

The ideal solution is to allow ST's 3 free tickets to be used throughout the season for friends and family.

The extra people at the game will generate a little bit of income but the food and drinks sales are shared income.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2019, 01:01:24 PM »
From another social media site : the TO are considering appilcations from those who have not alreay asked for the freebies.