Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Match Thread - Quins  (Read 15440 times)

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Match Thread - Quins
« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2019, 11:58:15 AM »
I may be wrong but I think most of this is in the mind. Undoubtedly there are other factors but we've become used to losing and that mindset was palpable at 17-0 yesterday. The only answer is winning which lands us in a classic catch 22. The only other point is when Quins went 17-0 down they had a good number of players urging them on to better things. I saw a bit of it from Robson and Cruse when it reversed but not too much. I'll wager that when we were 17-0 up most thought the same as me in that a comeback from Quins was inevitable. Yet when it was 28-17 I really didn't think we'd get back into it. The players must believe that too as it is happening every game now.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2019, 12:00:28 PM »
One of the changes to their game was being forced to bring on Paul Lasike when James Lang went off with a knee injury. Lasike is a brute. He played a year at the Chicago Bears as a full back (running back). He also has 16 caps for The Eagles. He made it quite clear that Jacob was his target when he ran with the ball. Could have been instructed to by Quins coaches. Though much the same height as Jacob he is 3 to 4 stone heavier and runs fast and straight. I leave you all to draw your own conclusions.

This. I thought as soon as he came on there was an attitude change. Along with Chisholm he is massive and they as backs continued to blast through our small backs. Have said for a long time we are too small across the line.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Willie

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2019, 03:30:06 PM »
I may be wrong but I think most of this is in the mind. Undoubtedly there are other factors but we've become used to losing and that mindset was palpable at 17-0 yesterday. The only answer is winning which lands us in a classic catch 22. The only other point is when Quins went 17-0 down they had a good number of players urging them on to better things. I saw a bit of it from Robson and Cruse when it reversed but not too much. I'll wager that when we were 17-0 up most thought the same as me in that a comeback from Quins was inevitable. Yet when it was 28-17 I really didn't think we'd get back into it. The players must believe that too as it is happening every game now.
This is the truly depressing thing for me. If they couldn't turn that mindset around yesterday, I honestly don't think they ever will. It wasn't just a loss to a far superior team; they managed to throw away a solid start, in a very winnable game, in front of 25,000 home supporters. They seemed clueless and absolutely no one stepped up when it was really needed.  :-[
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 03:36:12 PM by Willie »

W2APS

« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2019, 10:06:42 PM »
Coaches need to change, we've been on a downhill slope for 3 years now and the current team aren't going to turn it around. There's going to be an expensive payout for Dai.

I'm confident ring fencing will come in next summer once Falcons are promoted, regardless of who is bottom.

I'm not sorry to say I put £20 on quins on Monday even with us as favourites at the bookies. It softens the blow a a little but I'd still rather have lost the bet. Sad to say I'll be backing Bristol for the next match, I just can't see us winning at the moment.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk
Happy to have been proven wrong with today's result and Happy to have lost today's bet! #allezwasps

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2019, 10:42:55 PM »
Coaches need to change, we've been on a downhill slope for 3 years now and the current team aren't going to turn it around. There's going to be an expensive payout for Dai.

I'm confident ring fencing will come in next summer once Falcons are promoted, regardless of who is bottom.

I'm not sorry to say I put £20 on quins on Monday even with us as favourites at the bookies. It softens the blow a a little but I'd still rather have lost the bet. Sad to say I'll be backing Bristol for the next match, I just can't see us winning at the moment.

Happy to have been proven wrong with today's result and Happy to have lost today's bet! #allezwasps

Hope they keep proving you wrong :) Never in doubt (phew)