Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Lozowski  (Read 5950 times)

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Lozowski
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2019, 03:38:08 PM »
Id love to see Loz back in black and gold. Think Loz left over a combination of leaving London and the fact that we had an opportunity to sign a world class 10 in Cips meaning Loz wouldn’t get much game time.

Think Gopps will keep getting 1 year contracts until he wants to retire but wouldn’t be surprised to see him move more and more into the coaching set up, maybe as a skills coach initially.

That's my position on both players, as well.

I think Jimmy has all the potential for the coaching and leading side - though if that is best at Wasps....is another matter. Its always hard to become "gamekeeper" having been "poacher" - but I do think he has long term prospects - preferably for us! Player-coach is also hard - but I would value him having a playing contract for another season or so!

Re Loz, as a modern back, I'd hope he would look to the opportunity at 12, with the vision of someone who has played 10 etc. Outside Jacob, he could form a very potent creative/management pair. Fingers crossed!

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2019, 04:27:06 PM »
Good player, would like to see him back. I do rate this as unlikely though, seems a bit of a punt comment given the other links they have come up with. My money is on him staying.
Silly season starts tomorrow.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2019, 04:49:54 PM »
Hymenoptera,

I agree with you there. The other rumours have some references or "citations" where it's been mentioned. This is just a passing comment with no backing.

E.g. where did the Johnny May going to Harlequins come from?

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2019, 04:50:16 PM »
How likely is it that he comes?
It is an easy put together, beloved ex player and guy who probably has slipped back in the international pecking order, plus team in potential need of a ten/twelve.

At the risk of the cancerous cap and Mr Wray coming up again, could it be a factor?
I would like to think so.

Like everyone, I would like to see it happen...

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2019, 05:11:51 PM »
Hymenoptera,

I agree with you there. The other rumours have some references or "citations" where it's been mentioned. This is just a passing comment with no backing.

E.g. where did the Johnny May going to Harlequins come from?

Yes some stretched ideas in the article. Pinch of salt time and about to go bonkers after midnight.
Let me tell you something cucumber