Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Rumours thread  (Read 57539 times)

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Rumours thread
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2020, 03:36:59 PM »
Believe Bath are interested in a 12 and 13 with some contacts ending this season...Loz will stay at Sarries anyway.

I'm just thinking aloud here, and it's total conjecture, but what if.........
1. You're a Sarries player, but you weren't part of the great house give away bonanza, and feeling a little bitter
2. You're a fringe international, but not getting the game time you need to really stake a claim for international call up
3. Your squad is in the spotlight, cuts may have to be made, provoking a feeling of uncertainty around your future employment
4. There have been lots of hints about more yet to come out in the wash on the SC situation, would it be better to jump ship if the chance arose?

Probably all bollocks I know, but maybe if just one of those statements apply, it might be enough to see Loz move (although I think he'd see Bath as a more attractive option than us)

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2020, 03:51:06 PM »
Regarding that i'd say he would see their were lower hanging fruit than himself and as he's clearly happy enough, if he isn't pushed, he wont jump.
He wont get near England now IMO, so won't need to be on the main stage.

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2020, 03:55:59 PM »
Regarding that i'd say he would see their were lower hanging fruit than himself and as he's clearly happy enough, if he isn't pushed, he wont jump.
He wont get near England now IMO, so won't need to be on the main stage.

Yeah, I get that, but as a player still young enough to get the call, he must surely have ambitions??
Not for a minute suggesting any of what I proposed is true, just the deranged meanderings of an addled brain, and to be honest if his heart was not in playing for us before, then I don't know why it would be now, so not certain I'd welcome him back in any case.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2020, 08:27:06 PM »
In terms of the Lozowski rumour I think I'd prefer to see us carry on in the same direction that we've been going. Whilst I wouldn't be against signing Lozowski it would be great to see Spink and possibly even Simmonds given a chance. It would be more cost effective I suspect as well.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2020, 09:17:40 PM »
We need hungry young players to drive the squad forwards. This season is a great example.

Jacob, Wolstenholme, Flament, West, Oghre, Cardell, with James, Owlett, Porter, Spink, and Willis next in line. Sirker to return from injury.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2020, 11:05:03 PM »
None of them are 10's.

AKWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2020, 08:02:30 AM »
What 10s would people want to see at the club IF (I still believe Lima will stay) Lima leaves.

Don’t know whether the club would sign a top class 10 for Jacob to learn from or give Jacob the 10 shirt outright and get someone to back him up.

Saying that I’d like to see an Owen Williams type player at the club, playmaking 12 who’s just as adept at 10.

Always been an admirer of Volavola who’s better than being a second choice 10 (even if it is at Racing behind Finn Russell)

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2020, 01:20:15 PM »
What 10s would people want to see at the club IF (I still believe Lima will stay) Lima leaves.

Someone like Freddie Burns - wide experience - not going to play international rugby again - but has the experience of starting a test in NZ...and playing at three Prem clubs. And has played centre and FB at times too

Or his brother!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 01:22:34 PM by mike909 »

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2020, 02:26:43 PM »

Don’t know whether the club would sign a top class 10 for Jacob to learn from or give Jacob the 10 shirt outright and get someone to back him up.

Saying that I’d like to see an Owen Williams type player at the club, playmaking 12 who’s just as adept at 10.

Always been an admirer of Volavola who’s better than being a second choice 10 (even if it is at Racing behind Finn Russell)

I think Williams has been massively over promoted, myself. I really don't think he's quality at 10. Also, afraid I disagree on Volavola, who is hugely flaky.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2020, 02:57:02 PM »
*moved*
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 03:20:22 PM by Hymenoptera »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 09, 2020, 03:06:34 PM »
Wrong thread
Let me tell you something cucumber

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2020, 03:19:49 PM »
Your right, my bad.

AKWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2020, 08:03:28 PM »
RiL has Freddie Burns linked to us. Quality premiership operator, can play 10 or 15 well. Would be delighted with that if it came true.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2020, 08:07:49 PM »
Burns? No thanks. Not a Wasp.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2020, 08:16:38 PM »
One of the rumours probably from around these parts! Burns - no thanks.
Let me tell you something cucumber