Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Rumours thread  (Read 57535 times)

AKWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Rumours thread
« Reply #180 on: January 25, 2020, 06:33:38 PM »
Loz was very young when he left, he’s won some trophies and lived in London. Maybe he’ll be more open to a change of scenery now he’s had the Saracens and London experience.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 25, 2020, 07:28:53 PM »
Didn't Loz move because he was stuck behind Cips and Gops and thought he'd be pulling the strings at 10 when Farrell was away with England?
That didn't work out for him and since he's been a bit part squad player with Salarysins he may be delighted to be in with a good chance of being our starting 12.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 26, 2020, 08:47:25 AM »
I very much doubt this rumour. As much as I wish it were true.

1. Source is "as reliable as it gets" which for them could mean anyone.

2. Loz has had more mentions (from rugbypass and TRP) going to Bath, which makes more sense with Roberts leaving. I think that's where he'll go.

3. Why would one of the best fullbacks in Europe join us right now? Do we desperately need him? Loz I can understand, but Goode? I'll admit he'd give incredible support to Minozzi and James, but why would he join us?

Move along people nothing to see here.... Though again, I wish it were true.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 26, 2020, 08:54:07 AM »
Loz to Bath according to TRP also says we enquired about Farrell. Now that might have ended my ST.

Also interesting is Walders CV being circulated.
Let me tell you something cucumber

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 26, 2020, 09:06:46 AM »
It was interesting that in the comments about Loz there was no mention of Wasps being interested.

Stated that Burns apparently linked to Wasps but they have heard he isn't interested, and Lyon might be interested.
Lyon also apparently chasing Lima.

Also in article there was a list of Sarries players looking to move, no mention of Wasps being linked to any of them.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 26, 2020, 09:12:13 AM »
Anyone have full link to TRP article in question?

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 26, 2020, 09:44:26 AM »
Loz to Bath according to TRP also says we enquired about Farrell. Now that might have ended my ST.

Also interesting is Walders CV being circulated.

Interesting re: Farrell

The other 11 prem clubs could all register an interest in some Saracens players and see what salaries they're requesting..... Or to see who is actually leaving (if anyone)

I'd like to think that our only interest in Farrell would be to try to help just Saracens even more

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 26, 2020, 09:59:08 AM »
Anyone have full link to TRP article in question?

Nope  it's the Sunday hard copy. Later in the week they free up articles  somebody might be on subscription though.

Rory87

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 26, 2020, 09:43:20 PM »
Kind of feel Sarries players will be involved in the majority of transfer rumour stories given the situation. Would be interesting to see how it pans out.

I know some are totally against the idea of us signing one of them. I am still very much enraged at what Sarries have done and feel their punishment is fully justified. However, I wouldn’t close the door on the players for that reason. I hope that if we do sign one of them, then we as a fan base welcome them with open arms and allow them this fresh start and opportunity to give their all for wasps... with our second guessing the reasons for why they signed and all that.

I think Loz will always be linked by some to us due to his previous stint here. I think he would be a perfect fit but most reliable news outlets have him going to Bath.

Was Goode mentioned in the rugby paper then? Great player and one I would welcome

bertywasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 26, 2020, 10:46:18 PM »
Although I played my rugby in the amateur days pre-leagues, if in today's professional era I was offered a contract which involved "extras" such as a new house etc and the club's experienced legal staff assured me it was a legitimate way of getting round the cap I'm pretty sure I would seriously consider it. Don't get me wrong, I deplore what the owners have done with Saracens and the club deserves all the disciplinary measures meted out to them but I don't think that Wasps should ignore considering acquiring any of their players purely based on "they knew what they were doing"

Rory87

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 26, 2020, 10:55:31 PM »
I’m with you on this Berty. Who knows what players had what contract negotiations. To label the entire squad as cheats is a very sweeping statement. Some contracts will have been totally legit or some may have had loops holes utilised but the player totally unaware of the overall scale of it at the club and was trusting his employers were operating within the cap.
As Berry he said, we must remember this is their job and a short career at that. So with the above situations, very few few of us would turn down extra salary so we can’t expect players to too.
I’m not saying that none of the players knew what was going on and complicit in it all. But we can’t make a sweeping statement that they all were. For that reason, I do hope Dai is looking at players looking to depart Saracens. They’re getting relegated so it’s perfectly acceptable for them to look for the exit door.... Wilson to Sale, Goneva to Quins, Kibrige to Us!

I just hope there aren’t too many rumours that don’t pan out like last season

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 26, 2020, 10:57:53 PM »
Although I played my rugby in the amateur days pre-leagues, if in today's professional era I was offered a contract which involved "extras" such as a new house etc and the club's experienced legal staff assured me it was a legitimate way of getting round the cap I'm pretty sure I would seriously consider it. Don't get me wrong, I deplore what the owners have done with Saracens and the club deserves all the disciplinary measures meted out to them but I don't think that Wasps should ignore considering acquiring any of their players purely based on "they knew what they were doing"

Even though Sarries refused to deal with agents, all players have them. I would have thought the players would have, at least, told them about the offers Sarries had made, and if the agents didn't express an opinion as to the legality then they weren't doing their jobs.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 26, 2020, 11:11:24 PM »

Even though Sarries refused to deal with agents, all players have them. I would have thought the players would have, at least, told them about the offers Sarries had made, and if the agents didn't express an opinion as to the legality then they weren't doing their jobs.

Plus they would have financial advisors and lawyers where contracts are involved. If no advice was given appropriately then there are some professional people who need "looking at"

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 26, 2020, 11:43:18 PM »
As Requested TRP:

BATH are leading
the hunt for Alex
Lozowski as the
departures from
disgraced Premiership