Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Congratulations Will Rowlands  (Read 5750 times)

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Congratulations Will Rowlands
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2020, 09:24:23 AM »
Towards the end of this it seems to suggest this is also a deliberate ploy to get players to come back to Wales when their contracts end:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/inside-story-behind-wales-six-17574453

AndyL

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2020, 09:48:27 AM »
"Over the next 12, 24 or 36 months, you’re going to see more players who represent Wales slowly drifting back to Wales. That can only be good for the clubs and Wales"

Interesting statement statement to make. How can players who have never played or represented Wales in any age group come back to Wales...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2020, 11:53:34 AM »
"Over the next 12, 24 or 36 months, you’re going to see more players who represent Wales slowly drifting back to Wales. That can only be good for the clubs and Wales"

Interesting statement statement to make. How can players who have never played or represented Wales in any age group come back to Wales...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Maybe but there are only so many positions (15) and players will need to see finances in Wales rise to be happy on the bench.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2020, 01:35:24 PM »
Interestingly, a Wales Online article describes Thomas Young as extremely unlucky not to be selected - and suggests that this will mean he will stay in England with Wasps rather than come back to Wales for less money and a chance at selection

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2020, 03:16:09 PM »
Bobby Bridge on Will Rowlands.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/will-rowlands-wales-rugby-wasps-17577608

I wonder if it was quite as much as a surprise to Dai as it seems to have been to everyone else? Tipped Pivac off about Will's Welsh dad perhaps?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2020, 03:24:13 PM »
Bobby Bridge on Will Rowlands.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/will-rowlands-wales-rugby-wasps-17577608

I wonder if it was quite as much as a surprise to Dai as it seems to have been to everyone else? Tipped Pivac off about Will's Welsh dad perhaps?

It was Stephen Jones when he was with us that tipped him off.