Always a Wasp

Author Topic: 'They got caught but didn't even apologise': Daily Telegraph today and tomorrow.  (Read 12253 times)

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
If those were genuinely the issues then they would have fought it. Maybe they are the 'known' issues, but the real problem lies hidden away in the books that they won't share.  I must admit I don't go much on JB and I don't think he knows as much as he makes out.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
If those were genuinely the issues then they would have fought it. Maybe they are the 'known' issues, but the real problem lies hidden away in the books that they won't share.  I must admit I don't go much on JB and I don't think he knows as much as he makes out.

+1 rumour and bluster.
Let me tell you something cucumber

WickedWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
JB is full of crap always has been. He has to have an opinion that is different no matter what ridiculous stance hes required to take. Hes slated Wasps and their coaching team for ages yet didnt even know who Dan Baugh was. I like EggChasers but have contemplated stopping listening to it numerous times because of him. His love affair with all things Sale is a bit painful.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
An interesting aside: No mention on this board anywhere that Billy V has broken his arm again and will not feature in the 6 nations. No mention on DW either, as far as I can see.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
An interesting aside: No mention on this board anywhere that Billy V has broken his arm again and will not feature in the 6 nations. No mention on DW either, as far as I can see.

It was one line on one thread but he is an EA and a failing one at that. One mad as and he's a goner.

One of our medical experts will have a view but smacks of weak bones and should probably curtail his career. Won't be missed.
Let me tell you something cucumber

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
The plastic pitch won't help, far less forgiving on impact than grass, we are training our M&Js on plastic at the moment, as the grass surfaces are so poor at the moment. We don't risk any sort of contract training or practice matches but focus on skills and touch to keep them sharp, when they fall over it seems to have more impact than the grass surfaces, they bruise as well which rarely happens on grass.

BillyV of the Barnet Cheetahs has broken both arms if I recall correctly. There has to be a factor in that, either genetic or playing conditions, or acts of god....
It was fine when I left it.....

Mellie

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Farrell signs a new contract in 2017 for 3 years and in 2017 goes 50/50 with Wray on a £600k house.  The £300k that Wray puts in has, or was in theory then calculated as an additional £100k onto the salary cap for each of the 3 years of that contractual period

Hmm, I know where Farrell lives. It is very close to my girlfriend's place in Harpenden. His house is worth double the figure suggested. He has another property in the town too.

What we don't know is what % Wray put in. Another thing we dont know is how the co-investment works. How is ownership and any profit distributed and what happens over time. Does the player buy Wray out and at what cost?

I'm beginning to wonder if the reason Sarries dont want forensic examination of their books is that there are legal or tax implications that they would not want to be discovered apart from the obvious scale and design of their cheating.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 11:46:56 PM by Mellie »

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Farrell signs a new contract in 2017 for 3 years and in 2017 goes 50/50 with Wray on a £600k house.  The £300k that Wray puts in has, or was in theory then calculated as an additional £100k onto the salary cap for each of the 3 years of that contractual period

Hmm, I know where Farrell lives. It is very close to my girlfriend's place in Harpenden. His house is worth double the figure suggested. He has another property in the town too.

What we don't know is what % Wray put in. Another thing we dont know is how the co-investment works. How is ownership and any profit distributed and what happens over time. Does the player buy Wray out and at what cost?

I'm beginning to wonder if the reason Sarries dont want forensic examination of their books is that there are legal or tax implications that they would not want to be discovered apart from the obvious scale and design of their cheating.

Hence the i.e. prior to the quote - it was an example, with example figures just showing how PRL supposedly amortise these sorts of things over the salary cap.  The player name, house value, contract dates and so on were arbitrary

Be it tax, or the scale of their cheating having not been uncovered there’s a reason why they’ve not opened their books and it’s not that they’re just being stubborn.  I also don’t buy that the they were given the ultimatum of open books AND return trophies or get relegated.  I’m pretty sure the clubs would have accepted they keep the trophies and open their books as a compromise.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Faced with the choice between full audit and relegation they opted for relegation.  Let's face it, relegation is very, very bad in all sorts of ways, so just how bad do they expect the findings of a full, forensic audit to be that relegation is preferable.  Can't help but wonder if they are hiding more than just a salary cap breach.  I'm sure this story has not escaped the notice of the Inland Revenue and if they insist on an in depth audit then that is not negotiable.