Always a Wasp

Author Topic: 'They got caught but didn't even apologise': Daily Telegraph today and tomorrow.  (Read 12210 times)

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Arrogance
Bullying
Cash
Deception

ABCD

I will happily pay for the new advertising hoarding

Haha, it'd certainly be fun to get some fake Saracens flags made up with that on it.

But probably more inflammatory at a match than we really want in rugby

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Can anyone photoshop those to be circulated?
Let me tell you something cucumber

Mellie

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
I feel there needs to also be a campaign to get their motto changed

It's obviously 1984 Newspeak but they do work hard to cheat if nothing else!

Marlovian

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Here you go....

Marlovian

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
And spotted by by son when refereeing at Swansea Uni:

Old Geezer

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
I am struggling with this Sarries business.  The whole affair has tarnished my love of the game and desire for it.  I played at school, University and afterwards until injury ended that.  I have been to three World Cups and two Lions Tours.  I have had debentures at Twickenham since 1978.  I have been a Wasps supporter since mid 1990's (before that Blackheath).  I travel a round trip of 240 miles to see wasps in Coventry.  Rugby is in my blood.  My love and support of England rugby is tarnished because of the Sarries players in the squad.  I just cannot bring myself to watch any of their games on TV, even against Wasps.

And now I find myself in this horrible situation.  What is the point of a competition if we know who is going to win it before we start?

Now, many of you will quite reasonably say I am over reacting etc. but I am being honest about how i feel.

I suspect this bad taste in my mouth will only be removed if Sarries are removed from the Premiership scene. I would hope that a season without them in our vision and a complete change in their management personnel will begin to exorcise my feelings about them and reignite my love of rugby as a sport.

These are my emotions, folks.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
I am struggling with this Sarries business.  The whole affair has tarnished my love of the game and desire for it.  I played at school, University and afterwards until injury ended that.  I have been to three World Cups and two Lions Tours.  I have had debentures at Twickenham since 1978.  I have been a Wasps supporter since mid 1990's (before that Blackheath).  I travel a round trip of 240 miles to see wasps in Coventry.  Rugby is in my blood.  My love and support of England rugby is tarnished because of the Sarries players in the squad.  I just cannot bring myself to watch any of their games on TV, even against Wasps.

And now I find myself in this horrible situation.  What is the point of a competition if we know who is going to win it before we start?

Now, many of you will quite reasonably say I am over reacting etc. but I am being honest about how i feel.

I suspect this bad taste in my mouth will only be removed if Sarries are removed from the Premiership scene. I would hope that a season without them in our vision and a complete change in their management personnel will begin to exorcise my feelings about them and reignite my love of rugby as a sport.

These are my emotions, folks.

You undoubtably voice what many across most clubs feel.
Sadly I think it may take more than a season. You just wonder what new concoction the RFU are going to come up with to protect "their" EA players.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You are not alone OG. Lots of us feel the same way.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

wycombewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
so according to Brad Barret, if they go down they would hope to keep the team intact, wolf pack spirit and all that BS, so surely
(don't call me Shirley) when they are promoted they will still be over the cap, it beggars belief what is going through their minds.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
so according to Brad Barret, if they go down they would hope to keep the team intact, wolf pack spirit and all that BS, so surely
(don't call me Shirley) when they are promoted they will still be over the cap, it beggars belief what is going through their minds.

I suspect he hasn't really thought that through.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

Are they in denial or just plain thick?

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile

Pretty sure it's a combination of both.

Are they in denial or just plain thick?

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

paragraph in DM report today states that salary cap still applies to a PRL shareholder club down in the championship. if true Sarries would still have to get rid of players more or less straightaway rather than hanging on till end of next season

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

In fairness to Brad Barrett's comments, there could be some logic there.

He knows that George Kruis is off at the end of the season.
It's also a case that he, Wigglesworth and a couple of others are either on their last contracts, or at least expecting significant salary reductions regardless of the recent issues.

There's a possibility they could keep the squad mostly together next season in the championship, and get promoted without being over the cap.

The key reality that Saracens have to face over the next few years though is that they won't be able to offer salary increases on new contracts.
They'll struggle to retain academy talent due to more limited game time and without the lure of a few extra £££'
And they'll struggle to sign internationals from other clubs

Their recruitment over the next few years will be very different