Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Still angry  (Read 3837 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Still angry
« on: January 26, 2020, 11:41:27 AM »
i am still fuming and so figured it might work as therapy to write my thoughts down into an article.

I'm not sure I'm any less cross...

http://onceawasp.com/for-the-good-of-rugby/
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Still angry
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 11:58:10 AM »
If it's any comfort, I'm still angry too. Nice read by the way VV. So much for 'therapy'  :)

I do hope our club at least has the integrity and moral fibre not to take on any ex EA players. I don't want Goode and I certainly don't want Lozowski or any of the others - coaching staff included. They are all tainted goods. How could you trust their loyalty?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 12:14:40 PM »
VV good read. This is a Metoo thing made worse by today's TRP and Sunday Jones.
Likewise I hope we resist assisting their move towards temporary player shedding. The thought of us even enquiring about Farrell actually leaves me quite sick.

Interesting short interview with Joe Simpson saying that players up for contract renewal this season will see the results of the EA cheating in reduced offers.

Also David Walsh in the SJ has an article with similar views.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 12:23:29 PM by Neils »
Let me tell you something cucumber

Eezamarlowman

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 12:27:56 PM »
Thanks for posting VV. I share the same feelings towards Saracens, as do most true rugby fans. Their cheating has ruined previous seasons in my view, and this current one. I know Wasps may be seen by some to benefit from avoiding relegation this year (I think we would have avoided it anyway), but the associated drama and excitement around relegation has now been removed for quite a few teams. As an aside, I hope ring fencing never comes into play for the same reason. Saracens should be banished from the Premiership for the same amount of seasons they cheated the cap in my view. Then let’s see how many of their “stars” stick around. If I were deluded enough to be a Saracens fan I could never bring myself to support them ever again. Saracens have brought huge shame on our beautiful game.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 12:34:57 PM »
Yes, I'm hoping we steer clear of any Sarries rejects. Let's face it, they've enough extra to see them through if everyone takes the same stance. Unfortunately they won't and we might not either. Anyone "displaced" by a team due to ex Saracens being acquired will be added to the long list of disgruntled parties.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 04:47:26 PM »
Bath sadly to take Spencer on loan next year according to the Telegraph. I had hoped all the clubs would refuse this, and only sign permanent players. So much for solidarity.
If we keep solidarity there is a chance for real punishment for all concerned. If we break ranks there won't be. I would like every club chair to read this article.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 05:03:46 PM »
I would like every club chair to read this article.
I suspect one of them will. But I also suspect he's not massively enamoured of the cheats anyway.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 05:54:40 PM »
Interesting mention in a WalesOnline story that Saracens are trying to secure a game with South Africa during their 2020 autumn internationals tour.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2020, 07:15:59 PM »
I would like every club chair to read this article.
I suspect one of them will. But I also suspect he's not massively enamoured of the cheats anyway.

I hope so. This cheating and subsequent mendacity and obfuscation has harmed everyone. I have been on the verge of cancelling BT, certainly would have done so had we not had relegation as a minimum. The jury is still out as to which way I go.  Incidentally I have vowed to never buy the Sunday Times and  RP plus its sisters due to their shilling for Sarries.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2020, 08:29:18 PM »
Yep, avoiding TRP as well, which is a shame as I quite enjoyed my dog walk, TRP and a coffee.

Garuda

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2020, 01:16:19 PM »
On the subject of being still angry: I was seriously disappointed that last night's Channel 5 Premiership Highlights still shows the EAs celebrating their premiership title win at the start of the programme and again at the lead back in after each commercial break. I'd have though the programme makers would have thought it prudent to change that footage. 

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2020, 01:37:33 PM »
Glad I'm not the only one annoyed with TRP coverage, in particular Nick Cain in recent weeks, you'd almost think Stephen Jones was writing his column.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2020, 03:24:03 PM »
I see Ed Griffiths is gone already..i suspect he was going to stay longer this, maybe sick of being tarnished with the Sarries brush?
https://www.saracens.com/edward-griffiths-steps-down-as-interim-ceo/

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2020, 03:26:10 PM »
He has his own problems with the powers that be in Cricket!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2020, 03:47:07 PM »
And according to Andy Goode with the RFU.
Let me tell you something cucumber