Always a Wasp

Author Topic: England team to face Scotland  (Read 2947 times)

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: England team to face Scotland
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2020, 10:18:39 PM »
For me, its about the combinations

For the '03 team, only Greenwood (most of the time when Catt wasn't needed) Wilko, Lewsey and Robinson were the best, Tindall and Cohen and  Dawson fitted well

In the forwards, Johnson, Lol and Hill were world class, everyone else, the best fit.

I also see that the plan is like per the SA Tour test one, minutes 1 to 18, and Scotland minutes 1 to 30, and most of the AB semi - but I also think its seems to be a plan that the team seem too "afraid" to alter. It's Eddie's way or the highway for players. Care probably dared to vary the attack or something, Ben Te'O's problem was that he was not Manu T, even though he was brill vs all three SH teams in the AI's. And how did Francis become part of the plan, and not Te'O? And why take no cap players to the RWC?

Because you like to be in control...

I know some people quoted have a grudge against Jones....but reading between the lines..

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/international/108275798/new-book-reveals-how-eddie-jones-loses-assistant-coaches-and-dressing-rooms

And you can see his history towards the end with the Aussies, and other well known examples.

Doesn't mean its the same with England, but you just (well I do) feel that things at the ranch are on a knife edge a bit.