Always a Wasp

Author Topic: England 23  (Read 8370 times)

Nopace

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: England 23
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2020, 08:51:47 PM »
Wasn’t this Simon Amors first game as attack coach? The 7s were never really the same force after he took over.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2020, 10:49:00 PM »
Did anyone expect us to nab it after the first half?

Not me.

Watching Eddie's England is in many ways less stressful than at other times.  First and foremost, regardless of coach, selection, what clubs players come from etc, I want England to succeed.  However, when they put in a poor performance like yesterday, or the 2nd half v Scotland last year, there is some sense of relief that Eddie's eccentricity and arrogance are being shown up.

That last bit rings true. I have this empty feeling when we lose and get shown up in the areas everyone predicted. Very different to losing in other ways.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2020, 01:26:55 PM »
Sam Simmonds wouldn't have made a difference. He may play 8 but he's still a flanker - at Exe the system means he has massive 6s and 7s doing  a lot of the grunt work for him. That's why he was found out in the 2018 Six Nations after that stellar debut against Italy.

The thing is, Eddie never admits he is wrong and doubles down. So expect more of the same.