Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Thibaud to Toulouse?  (Read 10922 times)

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Thibaud to Toulouse?
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2020, 09:18:36 AM »
I think it's the "buying" clubs that hold all the aces in this situation.  There is clearly solidarity amongst the other PRL teams, and if they agree collectively not to entertain the idea of paying a transfer fee for players in contract, knowing that Sarries have little choice but to offload a lot of players, then where does that leave Sarries?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2020, 09:50:30 AM »
I think it's the "buying" clubs that hold all the aces in this situation.  There is clearly solidarity amongst the other PRL teams, and if they agree collectively not to entertain the idea of paying a transfer fee for players in contract, knowing that Sarries have little choice but to offload a lot of players, then where does that leave Sarries?

Your last question - who cares??
Let me tell you something cucumber

FrankWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2020, 10:30:46 AM »
I think I would be upset if teams took players on loan, either they want to get away from a club that cheats or they don't!

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2020, 01:56:22 PM »
They don't, they'd stay by choice

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2020, 03:44:09 PM »

Do they really have to offload many like this?

They were caught by being just over £1m over the cap

Kruis is off anyway and will be about a third of that.

If they've got some natural retirees at the end of the season then they'll be close.

Some of their stars may take £50k pay cuts knowing that they've had it good for so long.

I really don't think there will be a mass exodus

St Bruno

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2020, 03:54:20 PM »
wasps,
You may be right but don't forget to add the salaries of those they recruited for this season before you deduct Kruis. By my reckoning, they've got a lot of pruning to do.

And, as a player, would you want to be tainted by association with that shower?

By the way, there's a discussion on renaming Aliens Park when their insurers back out. One Saints fan reckons it should be renamed "Pariah Park"!

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2020, 05:57:03 PM »
Serengeti Park - Home of The Cheaters
It was fine when I left it.....

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2020, 06:16:13 PM »
I'm with Wasp, i think we'll see less than people think. Drop a Figuaro, a Clark, a Williams, a Rhodes, maybe a Koch and a Kruis.., a couple of academies like Gallaghar and Kpoku and that's it.
The caveat to that is that they are truly just 1mil over, the fact they wouldn't open books tell's me there is potential additional cleaning up to do that isn't actually reported *yet*

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2020, 06:32:11 PM »
I'm with Wasp, i think we'll see less than people think. Drop a Figuaro, a Clark, a Williams, a Rhodes, maybe a Koch and a Kruis.., a couple of academies like Gallaghar and Kpoku and that's it.
The caveat to that is that they are truly just 1mil over, the fact they wouldn't open books tell's me there is potential additional cleaning up to do that isn't actually reported *yet*

Agreed.
St Bruno is correct. I hadn't considered the leavers / joiners at the start of this season.

As you say Hymenoptera, while we can all have our suspicions that they are over by significantly more than £1m, that's the official figure for the moment.

It could be that this season pushed them even more over the cap and that may have been their reason for refusing to open their books - although I doubt it's just that

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2020, 06:57:36 PM »
Somewhere, I think, some when, this thread must have been about Thibaud, but it doesn't appear to be any more? Has anyone heard anything? After one rumour in a French media outlet, nothing more has been said?

Sting

« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2020, 07:23:43 PM »
Somewhere, I think, some when, this thread must have been about Thibaud, but it doesn't appear to be any more? Has anyone heard anything? After one rumour in a French media outlet, nothing more has been said?
Seems like on 29 jan Flament, his dad and a reportes(?) swung by his old club in Belgium.
Report below confirms the rumours.and also mentions that he has not ruled out aspirations to represent Belgium!!
https://www.sportkipik.be/forme-a-l-asub-et-devenu-pro-aux-wasps-thibaud

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2020, 08:38:36 PM »
See the thread Stability..TRP has him linked to La Roch and someone else, can't remember who

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2020, 08:59:03 PM »
Lyon
Let me tell you something cucumber

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2020, 11:46:40 PM »
Seems like on 29 jan Flament, his dad and a reportes(?) swung by his old club in Belgium.
Report below confirms the rumours.and also mentions that he has not ruled out aspirations to represent Belgium!!
https://www.sportkipik.be/forme-a-l-asub-et-devenu-pro-aux-wasps-thibaud

I'm not sure you can reasonably describe a French national wanting to play for Belgium as an "aspiration".

MarleyWasp

« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2020, 05:22:25 AM »
Belgian rugby is on the up. They surprisingly beat Russia at the weekend. I just hope that for they sake they have more robust procedures in place to ensure who they pick are genuinely eligible, unlike a couple of years ago.