Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Dai chopped??  (Read 30088 times)

WickedWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Dai chopped??
« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2020, 05:45:11 PM »
After a disagreement with the direction of the board it's just taking time to negotiate a parting of ways. Sad. But I'm confident that's the situation.

When Dai was asked to get behined the move he made lots of promises to fans and players that initially seemed achievable. He is being asked to maintain this enthusiasm whilst having his hands tied with transfers and the much needed expansion of the coaching team which is more and more beginning to reflect badly on him as the performances begin to reflect the disarray behined the scenes. Only so long could this go on before it was going to come to a head.

Davidabricot

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2020, 07:08:15 PM »

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2020, 07:09:31 PM »
He is being asked to maintain this enthusiasm whilst having his hands tied with transfers and the much needed expansion of the coaching team which is more and more beginning to reflect badly on him as the performances begin to reflect the disarray behined the scenes. Only so long could this go on before it was going to come to a head.

Got any evidence for that?

It always puzzles me when people paint the board as a group of avaricious fools who care nothing for the success of the team.

They have more invested in this club's success than any of us. None more so than Derek who has invested staggeringly vast amounts of his own money into it with little in the way of return.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2020, 07:14:53 PM »
Eight pages of virtually nowt. A few words that generated so much!
David's link sounds the most plausible though but could just be more of the same.

With a live match coming up in less than 2 days you have to hope the board say something or else the players and coaches are going to get hammered by BT, journalists and fans. It is not fair on them.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2020, 07:15:17 PM »
And suddenly, rumours appear:
https://www.hugerugby.news/premiership/young-eying-up-new-job/

Interesting. Whilst still no more accurate than any of the other rumours it certainly paints a slightly different picture.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2020, 07:19:59 PM »
After a disagreement with the direction of the board it's just taking time to negotiate a parting of ways. Sad. But I'm confident that's the situation.

When Dai was asked to get behined the move he made lots of promises to fans and players that initially seemed achievable. He is being asked to maintain this enthusiasm whilst having his hands tied with transfers and the much needed expansion of the coaching team which is more and more beginning to reflect badly on him as the performances begin to reflect the disarray behined the scenes. Only so long could this go on before it was going to come to a head.
This is one of the 20 theories but I also see no evidence of this. Dai has been bankrolled with some of the biggest names out there and even recently added Sops to the team on a huge salary. It has been suggested by many that recruitment has not been up to snuff, that comes down to Dai, not the board. Get recruitment right and your half there, the other half required is the coaching.
I'm a Dai fan but I can't buy empty into statements like that....sorry.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2020, 07:24:05 PM »
And suddenly, rumours appear:
https://www.hugerugby.news/premiership/young-eying-up-new-job/

Interesting. Whilst still no more accurate than any of the other rumours it certainly paints a slightly different picture.
...a regurgitation of yesterdays rugbypass article with some words changed around. It has as much validity as me putting up an article saying Dai was too pasty and went to Turkey for a few weeks...
Pretty much.

WickedWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2020, 08:23:53 PM »
He is being asked to maintain this
Got any evidence for that?

It always puzzles me when people paint the board as a group of avaricious fools who care nothing for the success of the team.

They have more invested in this club's success than any of us. None more so than Derek who has invested staggeringly vast amounts of his own money into it with little in the way of return.

I agree I am not saying the board are in the wrong. I am only saying I can see this having been the case and the two views have come to blows. Tightening of the purse strings is a wise idea. I dont for a second believe they want anything but the best thing for Wasps future.
It just all seems sudden and unplanned so I cant see it being anything different. Only a theory.

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2020, 08:38:04 PM »
"It is unknown ... if Young became available ..... it would seem likely ..... it would appear ....".

What a load of crap.  Idle speculation dressed as news.

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2020, 08:49:22 PM »
Dai to Ospreys - totally based on Twitter noise and what people would like to see happen, lazy journalism.
It was fine when I left it.....

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2020, 09:16:54 PM »
The tradition is that, when there is a complete absence of facts, the only possible conclusion is that person concerned is...

“...off to Bristol”

Davidabricot

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2020, 09:50:04 PM »
That's why I don't understand why clubs want to hide obvious things. This always leads to many rumours. Of course medias love it, but we will finally now what's as behind this suprinsing change. When I see this, my first thought is that Wasps is a very lucky team. Fan had to support the big trip from London to Coventry, this (too) big and empty ugly Ricoh Arena, and now Dai is taking a step back without explanation.

Jack9909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2020, 10:26:57 PM »
TT has liked the following from nick Mullins on twitter, would suggest to me that dai is gone for good:

"Been thinking about this for a couple of days. Coaches come & go, it’s the nature of the business. But when they write the history of Wasps, Dai Young deserves a chapter, maybe two, all to himself. The best of men, who threw his life into the club."

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 14, 2020, 07:33:26 AM »
Or he likes the sentiment of dai being a good guy?

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2020, 07:37:33 AM »
Or he likes the sentiment of dai being a good guy?

That was my take on it.