Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Dai chopped??  (Read 30084 times)

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Dai chopped??
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2020, 07:47:06 AM »
If we suppose it's not a health thing I just can't see that he isn't gone for good. No-one steps away on an "interim" basis. Whilst we have no idea why he has gone, gone he has. The delay is just guff whilst the legals are agreed. In my opinion.

WickedWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2020, 08:45:39 AM »
Spot on Shugs.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2020, 09:57:43 AM »
It would definitely appear to be the case.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 14, 2020, 09:59:03 AM »
If we suppose it's not a health thing I just can't see that he isn't gone for good. No-one steps away on an "interim" basis. Whilst we have no idea why he has gone, gone he has. The delay is just guff whilst the legals are agreed. In my opinion.

Indeed. What circumstances that included a sudden step down, briefings to players, that couldn't be made public straight away and  seem to require legals could only be "interim"?

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2020, 11:57:07 AM »
Wonder if we’ll see something official following the team announcement.  Clearly Lee will be interviewed before the game and the obvious question will be asked about what’s going on with Dai.

Unfair on Lee to have to bat that back, let alone the supporters - It’s almost like Wasps have taken a leaf from the Saracens PR Team!

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 14, 2020, 11:59:26 AM »
Wonder if we’ll see something official following the team announcement.  Clearly Lee will be interviewed before the game and the obvious question will be asked about what’s going on with Dai.

Unfair on Lee to have to bat that back, let alone the supporters - It’s almost like Wasps have taken a leaf from the Saracens PR Team!

On the contrary, Sarries PR is always on point. They were regularly communicating throughout the saga, even if with only basically empty statements to confirm what was being reported elsewhere. Whereas Wasps have been embarrassingly amateur about this whole sorry episode.

If it turns out like we all seem to think it is a real shame. Dai deserved so much better

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 14, 2020, 02:18:36 PM »

On the contrary, Sarries PR is always on point. They were regularly communicating throughout the saga, even if with only basically empty statements to confirm what was being reported elsewhere. Whereas Wasps have been embarrassingly amateur about this whole sorry episode.

If it turns out like we all seem to think it is a real shame. Dai deserved so much better
I'll take your contrary and raise you two. Go to the Sarries board and remind yourself of the pleading from fans for some sort of statement..And when they did arrive they were mostly lies, so not sure how they are 'on point'.

Dai deserved much better than what?...you don't know whats happened. Anything could have transpired, if he walked away do Wasps deserve much better?
It was only yesterday that everyone was calling for Dai to be gone and calling the club out for doing nothing to prevent our malaise..now everyone is sad for what that don't know about Dai. It opitimises fickle.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 14, 2020, 02:22:34 PM »

I'll take your contrary and raise you two. Go to the Sarries board and remind yourself of the pleading from fans for some sort of statement..And when they did arrive they were mostly lies, so not sure how they are 'on point'.

Dai deserved much better than what?...you don't know whats happened. Anything could have transpired, if he walked away do Wasps deserve much better?
It was only yesterday that everyone was calling for Dai to be gone and calling the club out for doing nothing to prevent our malaise..now everyone is sad for what that don't know about Dai. It opitimises fickle.

Hence the "if", but don't get off your ranty hobby horse for that, old boy

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 14, 2020, 02:31:51 PM »
What does IF represent in the 20 theories that are in place in this thread.
People always call out rants when they make baseless and factually incorrect statements for the sake of just saying something, your not the first, so no worries..old boy.

Nopace

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 14, 2020, 06:04:28 PM »
If i’m honest I think we both could do with a change. Best of luck to Dai seems like a total gentleman. Let’s hope there’s an amicable conclusion/outcome whatever that may be.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 14, 2020, 07:34:14 PM »
Andy Goode on BT suggesting Dai is on the way out.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 14, 2020, 09:22:19 PM »
If i’m honest I think we both could do with a change. Best of luck to Dai seems like a total gentleman. Let’s hope there’s an amicable conclusion/outcome whatever that may be.

Hear, hear!
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 15, 2020, 03:08:20 PM »
On telly both Blackett and Lol basically saying Dai is gone. Lol saying statement in the next couple of days. About time.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 15, 2020, 08:20:38 PM »
On telly both Blackett and Lol basically saying Dai is gone. Lol saying statement in the next couple of days. About time.

This was confirmed by someone on facebook, who spoke to Dai, post match.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 15, 2020, 10:09:19 PM »
The key question is why, and at the initiation of whom? Was that forthcoming from Dai?