Always a Wasp

Author Topic: LI Game Thread  (Read 12421 times)

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: LI Game Thread
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2020, 08:41:33 AM »
I was alluding to the micro management that HAD been in place (my assumption about what was wrong in these last few months under Dai), and I see that Brad has pretty much confirmed what I said.

He said:

"Wasps are 'playing with the shackles off' ... the ability to go out there and play and not to worry about the consequences which is fantastic.

“That makes it so enjoyable to go out and be a part of a such a young pack and throw the ball around and get stuck in.”

On a separate note, I see his beard is to go. Yay. I hated that thing. It's coming off on Friday, at the Brotherhood barber shop in The Neighbourhood in Leamington Spa (off Warwick Street), fans are invited to attend! All for the LooseHeadz charity.

Sting

« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2020, 08:51:45 AM »
I was alluding to the micro management that HAD been in place (my assumption about what was wrong in these last few months under Dai), and I see that Brad has pretty much confirmed what I said.

He said:

"Wasps are 'playing with the shackles off' ... the ability to go out there and play and not to worry about the consequences which is fantastic.

“That makes it so enjoyable to go out and be a part of a such a young pack and throw the ball around and get stuck in.”

On a separate note, I see his beard is to go. Yay. I hated that thing. It's coming off on Friday, at the Brotherhood barber shop in The Neighbourhood in Leamington Spa (off Warwick Street), fans are invited to attend! All for the LooseHeadz charity.

+1

MarleyWasp

« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2020, 08:54:27 AM »
I do wonder if Lima at Full Back is something Blackett has been wanting to try, but Dai kept on blocking.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2020, 09:16:15 AM »

He said:

This could be seen as a criticism of Dai, but equally could be referring to the threat of relegation being removed.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2020, 09:23:07 AM »
Or referring to the fact that now they're off the bottom of the table, and they can relax a bit after the Sarries win (and now the Irish one too).

The pressure must have been immense on the players, in that bad run, it wouldn't matter who the DOR was.