Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Not good morning all!  (Read 3325 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Not good morning all!
« on: March 15, 2020, 08:18:09 AM »
Obviously there is no game, and to be completely honest I don't think there will be one for some time. So this afternoon I will be settling down with my laptop to re-watch the Sarries game of a few weeks ago.

I think we might just win 😁
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Not good morning all!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 08:53:45 AM »
Just another day in Paradise. I am the only one up at this time in our house. Someone (my wife or daughter) accidentally locked one of our cats out last night, so he was very unhappy, wet and very cold when I opened the back door. He had destroyed the cat flap trying to get back in during the night, so I have just rebuilt that with superglue and tape. Words will have to be said when those two eventually emerge from the pit.

Watching replays of sport is not my idea of fun. ESPN et all will likely see a precipitous fall in viewers.

So many people will soon be without an income. How many businesses will fail? A lot is my guess. Especially small businesses.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 09:00:09 AM »
Morning VV, morning all, best wishes to you and yours.

It's funny, I have watched games I know we have lost before and found myself willing them to win!

I am hunkering down for the next 5 weeks, which if all goes to plan my wife's immunity will start getting closer to normal. With lack of sport to watch I guess it's time to get some jobs around the house done! I will still pop out for errands. She was neutropenic on both of the last rounds of chemo and picked up an innocuous bug that would have been serious without IV antibiotics. I want to try and keep her out of hospital for the next two. You could eat your dinner off our sofa!

Old Geezer

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 09:31:52 AM »
BrandNew - wishing your wife all the best. Very trying times.  I have a son in law and daughter with baby stuck in France.  Wife and I are over 70 and facing imposed isolation which we were already doing ourselves to a degree.  governments everywhere doing their best against an unknown enemy.  They will not get everything right in their efforts to seek a balanced response.  In Britain I am sure we will all pull together and people need to stop panic buying.  Best wishes to everyone in these troubled times.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 09:40:51 AM »
So many people will soon be without an income. How many businesses will fail? A lot is my guess. Especially small businesses.

Having been isolated for two weeks already I am already without an income. It is hard to run a business and sell our services when I cannot meet with anyone.

I genuinely don't know if we can survive this.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 09:43:00 AM »
Morning VV, morning all, best wishes to you and yours.

It's funny, I have watched games I know we have lost before and found myself willing them to win!

I am hunkering down for the next 5 weeks, which if all goes to plan my wife's immunity will start getting closer to normal. With lack of sport to watch I guess it's time to get some jobs around the house done! I will still pop out for errands. She was neutropenic on both of the last rounds of chemo and picked up an innocuous bug that would have been serious without IV antibiotics. I want to try and keep her out of hospital for the next two. You could eat your dinner off our sofa!

Notso, my very best wishes go to you and your wife. Febrile Neutropenia is scary as hell and I hope you don't have any further complications of the chemo.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2020, 09:47:43 AM »
Morning on this non morning.
Recorded all Super rugby this weekend so will ration it through the coming days. Things about the house will be getting a boost methinks.
Can't see this finishing soon. I would think 3 to 4 months at least under restrictions.
Euro Rugby Finals look like being cancelled next week so next battle is getting hotel, flight and Rugby ticket money back. Thankfully have annual travel insurance so covered for beervirus. Our Aldi had stacks of Corona beer boxes on offer!
Take care all especially those at risk Rugby will come back - maybe.
Let me tell you something cucumber

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2020, 09:58:19 AM »
Good morning. Best wishes for her recovery Brand New. Sending you positive thoughts.

Heading into town on a public bus, a rather busy one.

I played cards the other night, people were still grabbing hands and shaking them. Utterly nuts.

The absence of school shutting means I am continually exposed. Laws forcing schools to open are ridiculous, you can't run a school safely if half the staff are off isolating, and trust me, and you won't be able to get supply teachers for love nor money. We think that there will have to be a shut down, most to all schools have prepped staff to ensure lesson or content delivery online. It is the not knowing when that is hard.

I fear too much emphasis has been placed on behavioural scientists' opinions. I am very suspicious of the science at best, and if I am being uncharitable, might just a bunch of tea leaf reading charlatans who could not handle real science. Then again I could just be closed minded.

I hope you all stay safe and well, and your banks are sympathetic to any fiscal difficulties.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2020, 11:01:20 AM »
How they intend to keeps the over 70s off the streets is a mystery. They do not have enough police to manage what is already happening on a daily basis in the UK!

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2020, 11:15:42 AM »
It’s not like the over 70s are being given asbos. It’s about creating a new social norm that will help reduce (but not eliminate) the risk of exposure. If someone decides to ignore the advice and deliberately chooses to out and expose themselves to additional risk, there’s not too much that can be done. Much like if some clown decides to walk round a media room rubbing every mike!

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2020, 11:15:52 AM »
I wish I could console myself on a solo ride on my motorbike as I bet the roads are pretty clear, unfortunately the weather is garbage and I'm sat in the spare room reading.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2020, 11:21:29 AM »
I wish I could console myself on a solo ride on my motorbike as I bet the roads are pretty clear, unfortunately the weather is garbage and I'm sat in the spare room reading.

I cleaned, polished and coddled my bike on Thursday in the hope ...

I haven't ridden her since I got ill (November) and ... its awful outside, as you say. Not sure you have seen this bike either coddy. I think I had the CB1100RS last time we rode together. I have a KRT ZX10R Winter Test edition now.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2020, 11:25:45 AM »

I cleaned, polished and coddled my bike on Thursday in the hope ...

I haven't ridden her since I got ill (November) and ... its awful outside, as you say. Not sure you have seen this bike either coddy. I think I had the CB1100RS last time we rode together. I have a KRT ZX10R Winter Test edition now.

They sound rather serious! I've got a garaged Tiger 1050 that if and when my new hip feels up to the stress, may be swapped for a KTM 1190 as a lighter option! But first things first.....a first ride which on current fitness is probably at least May time!

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2020, 12:14:58 PM »
No sign of the virus yet where I am in the Falkland Islands but it will only be a matter of time.
Lots of movement of personnel on leave and of families will happen during the Easter holidays back to the UK, including us as we return to pick our daughter up from school and spend a few weeks in the UK. I was only personally coming back for the Bath game!!
Now run the risk of not being able to get back if someone is ill on the other side of our trip
Very strange being here and looking from the outside in to what is happening in the Uk. Still not sure I understand the toilet roll.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2020, 12:15:44 PM »
Morning all, been an odd one with mini rugby games still being played for my team and kids, full on contact followed by elbow bumps all round, no marlers fortunately though!
Am now more than 2 weeks after skiing in italy but as a teacher whose wife works in the nhs and 2 children at different schools still probably a prime candidate.
Safe (non) travels all.