Always a Wasp

Author Topic: CCFC promoted  (Read 4192 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: CCFC promoted
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2020, 09:44:47 AM »
With the promotion i wouldn't actually be surprised if something actually did start to happen with a new stadium.

No chance.

You mean SISU lie?
Let me tell you something cucumber

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2020, 12:46:31 PM »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2020, 12:56:48 PM »
Of course they do. Get the cheque book out Fisher!
Interesting that in recent history it has been Bodie making comments but now SISU mouthpiece Fisher raises his head above the parapet.

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2020, 05:34:06 PM »
In response to the comment about Bristol, Wasps suffered a season or so ago when our match at Bristol was shifted from Sunday afternoon to Friday evening because City had primacy at Ashton Gate for a cup match. Inconvenient to say the least.
So what's the situation going to be for London Irish when they share with Brentford at that new stadium? The football game having primacy?
And it does sound rather daft to have a new stadium built in Coventry, except for the continued involvement of the current owners.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2020, 05:40:53 PM »
It is Brentford's stadium so they have primacy and Irish will have to play to their time. Wasps are the owners so the football club would have to agree to rugby getting primacy - unless Wasps give it away.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2020, 11:29:30 PM »
Of course, when rugby goes to a summer season from next year, the primacy of tenure thing will be far less of an issue.

Marlow Nick

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2020, 06:35:00 AM »
Of course, when rugby goes to a summer season from next year, the primacy of tenure thing will be far less of an issue.

Except that summer rugby will actually last about 10 months of the year so there will still be about 8 months of overlap with association football

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2020, 08:22:19 PM »
Given the number of professional clubs that are at risk of going under — whatever the shape of their balls — matters like Primacy of Tenure begin to seem less important. Hopefully, there are enough pragmatic people around to make sure that sensible ways forward can be found.

Thinking ahead to the prospect of summer rugby, it’s already been noted that the artificial pitches are somewhat miserable to play on in the heat. Perhaps it should be a Premiership requirement for a promoted club to have grass pitch at their ground. The fact that it would make life difficult for some — Estate Agents, for example — has nothing at all to do with my recommendation!

JF

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2020, 12:56:07 PM »
I can see the primacy of tenure rule being scrapped. Fewer larger and better maintained stadia makes sense, especially if pockets are going to be squeezed as a result of both covid and the subsequent imminent economic woes.