Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning all  (Read 2937 times)

Heathen

• View Profile
Morning all
« on: August 21, 2020, 07:28:05 AM »
Greetings one and all from a cloudy and very windy South Bucks. Dog walk shortly through the woods. Will be looking out for falling trees!

Looking forward with great interest to watching tonight's game. Great opportunity for the those selected to stake a claim for the shirt on a regular basis. I really like the way that the squad has developed under Lee's leadership.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning all
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 07:33:34 AM »
Morning all
Forgot about this on a Friday. WAlking the dog in the countryside and it is blowing a hooly. Dodging horizontal killer leaves at 50 mph! Taking a breather in a wind free (and thankfully water free) ditch.
Interesting game tonight. With our team selection I will remain hopeful but Weir can weave magic when he is on his game. Two matches to watch tonight and almost three tomorrow - another rugby fest.
COYW
Let me tell you something cucumber

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 07:46:46 AM »
Morning Heathen, morning Neils, and Morning All!

First home game for nearly six months and I can't wait. I really hope it lifts the guys as much as it should.

Feel quietly confident about this one.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2020, 07:54:41 AM »
Morning all, heading down to Dawlish today, hoping to make it through the wind and rain to be in the lodge hot tub with a beer for kick off.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2020, 07:55:20 AM »
Morning folks. Been up for ages, but but sorting things out prior to the last working day of the week. IF you can believe it, the BBC weather forecast is for this wind to die away (it already is here, some 20 or so miles south of the Ricoh) and for it to be dry (with a possibility of rain sometime in the afternoon). Time for the squad to show that depth. Feeling good about today.

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2020, 08:07:16 AM »
Gosh it feels so good to have these threads again! A very good morning NWW, VV, Neils, Chunks, Heathen and all Wasps from a blustery Guildford! I have had to rescue my tomato plant that got skittled in the early hours with the breeze. But breakfast is on the go, the wife is in bed as she is working nights this week, the dog is off to his doggy day care to exhaust himself playing, and I will be grabbing a coffee from a excellent local coffee shop whilst heading off to the surgery For a day of work. But once my last patient is done I will be running out of my consulting room and heading home to prep for our game against Warriors tonight.

Both teams have put out their wider squads with a smattering of experience as well. This makes the result hard to call, and form even harder to assess. However my hopes are high, If the phenomenal energy and togetherness we saw from every Wasp on and off the field last week at the Gardens is present throughout the whole squad and club (and there is no reason to think otherwise) and the style and game plan bought into by everyone then we should be in for a treat. Games like this are important for our ongoing tilt at top 6/4 but it is also a chance to see what the wider squad and emerging talents can do, the fact Worcester are doing the same just makes this encounter that much more appealing. I have no idea on the result, but I will be cheering the lads in black and gold all the way as much as those in the stands roared them on last Sunday!

Now just work to get out the way!

Come on you Wasps!!!

Chris

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2020, 08:12:00 AM »
Morning all and best wishes to you and yours.

Work day today so need to focus and get it done before the game starts. Really interesting selection, almost a new team, look forward to seeing how they go. I agree about Weir, really hope Lima can play freely and with confidence. I wonder if Lee plans to altermate these two teams through the midweek games.

Given the wind today, the Richo must be one of the better venues and give some home advantage with familiarity how the high ball gets affected by the stadium.

Here's to a great game, may the best team win. Come on You Wasps!

Notso

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2020, 08:16:34 AM »
Can't wait to see some of the youngsters have a go tonight, I'm also pretty confident that we can get another win.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2020, 08:41:52 AM »
Morning all, from a windy Hertfordshire.

I have two hours and 48 minutes of work to endure this morning. It's been one of those weeks where my job has been so soul destroying that I fully refuse to work a minute longer than necessary today. I had booked the afternoon off in hope that there may be a crowd pilot and I'd be able to go to the match, but as that isn't happening I've decided to keep the afternoon off and use it to do a job application for a change of career instead.

As the people I sit with an I will not be at the Ricoh we've decided to have a catch up on Zoom whilst we watch the match. Whilst neither side is at full strength, I do feel we have the stronger side, and with confidence in the squad at a high I feel we should win reasonably well.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2020, 09:02:24 AM »
Morning all, plans to be out this evening unfortunately. However, seeing as we're planning to watch a hot air balloon launch/show, it may well be cancelled. Though I think we perhaps may go out anyway for the trip. If so, I'll catch up, but with Wasps games I can't resist the urge to know the score, so no worries about spoilers for me!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2020, 09:25:14 AM »
Morning all. An intriguing game given the two teams selected. I think our current feelgood factor will carry us through. Excited to see T Willis, Vellacott and Mills. We have a huge front row so we've got to think about how we play around that. Plus will be interesting to see Oghre at 7!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2020, 09:41:10 AM »
Good morning  everyone.  Weatherwise it is not a  good morning at all, but we're promised a dry afternoon and evening at least; hopefully the wind will abate and blow itself away. Nothing interesting in  Chez Wonky, except for food delivery, laundry , local shop and tablet collection - ooh!! - the thrill and excitement of it all. Greatly looking forward to the match tonight and seeing how well our youngsters do.  Also looking forward to seeing all the cardboard cut-outs.  Mr. W  took my selfie for me  (my hands wobble too much!) and we had to take 14 goes at it; even then I ended  up tilting 45 degrees off centre. The over all effect was a cross between  a 3-badge stoker on pay-night and the Titanic  drawing her last breath.  I think I might well be on the  back row. Safe journeys to the settee (or wherever);     C O Y W ................................   You CAN do it.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2020, 09:51:12 AM »
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2020, 10:23:42 AM »
Good Morning all from a very windy Hastings. Looking forward to this evening's game. We have a lot to play for but Wuss really only have pride. Hope this is reflected in their performance (and ours).
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2020, 12:31:04 PM »
Afternoon all,
It’s still blustery in Coventry at the moment but we are starting to see a little bit of blue sky.
I’m excited by our selection of the youngsters but we are going to need some of the older heads - and perhaps Jacob - take the initiative.
Sops, Booj, Vailanu, Odogwu need to take their opportunities.
I hope Velacott and Mills hit the ground running.
Worcester have nothing to lose and should not be taken lightly.
Fingers and toes crossed for a victory.