Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 1338 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning All
« on: September 09, 2020, 07:36:27 AM »
Morning all.

Surprised not already started maybe because of Farrell fever. Lovely still morning here.

Cautiously optimistic but wary after the Sale game. Think Bath will win so they boys need to match them tonight.

COYW
Let me tell you something cucumber

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 07:48:13 AM »
Very good morning to you. Work beckons, as I am sure it does for many.
Homogenous grey here.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 07:50:42 AM »
Morning all,

We’re in our motorhome in the Derbyshire Dales and the weather’s miserable but looking better through the day. Not sure I’ll get to see the game which is a shame because my expectation is a high octane game. 

Wishing the lads well in their realistic quest for top 4.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 07:52:52 AM »
Morning all. Quietly optimistic about this one. The squad will not lack for focus or motivation. Looking forward to Alfie's first start.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 07:57:56 AM »
Morning Neils, WWW, BiND and John.

Bright blue skies here in South Warwickshire, you might want to drive that motorhome a few miles south, BiND  ;D

Looks like a lovely day in prospect, with a sunny afternoon forecast for the Ricoh. Derby day versus Leicester (always seems wrong to me to use the word Derby; as a youngster I was a Sky Blues supporter and when Coventry played Derby, it was Derby day, and so THAT made sense to my young brain, so it has stuck - of course Derby day is when you play Derby, d'oh).

Work beckons, but I feel good about these last few days of the season.

As to Faz, got more than I expected, but the committee bowed to the pressure to let him play for England. That much was inevitable. Contrition, remorse. Did I think he cried himself to sleep that night? No.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 08:11:18 AM »
Morning all. Half day of work before a week and a half off. Really excited by tonight's team. I don't think Leicester will be a pushover by any stretch but am quietly confident about our chances

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 08:50:55 AM »
Morning Marley, Heaths, Bloke from Dorset, Neils, NWW and all Waspies from a cool and calm Guildford! Game day is once again upon us. I have the day off work today, so once the chores are done, some midweek shopping accomplished and the hound walked I will be settling down to watch our boys take on Tigers.

The Tigers fixture is always one of the first ones I look for when the list is released at the start of the season. There has always been great rivalry between us and Tigers most likely as we are two of the most successful teams in the professional era. Tigers however are experiencing what we did around 10 years previously where we came within a Tom Varndell tackle of relegation. Whilst we have Tigers turned Wasp great Tom to thank for our survival, Tigers have a disgraced Saracens to thank for there’s. It is hard to see how they would of avoided the trap door had Sarries not destroyed all they achieved by Wrays financial misdeeds. But one persons punishment is another’s opportunity and Borthwick et al can use the rest of this season to start to rebuild once more. However Tigers fans need to give Borthwick and co time, this will not happen quickly, so patience is key.

When you look at the line ups we look to hold the whip hand, but as Saturday has proven with the win at a Sarries, rugby is a team effort and is not played on paper. We need to take this Tigers team as seriously as those of Cockerills or Richards era when they had enforces like Johnson growling around the park. Do that, and with the clear team unity, talent and strength our boys are developing I hope another win is on the way!

I cannot wait for tonight! Come on you Wasps!  ;D

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp!

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2020, 09:07:59 AM »
Morning All,

A grey day in dear old Devon and a long day in work, which may need me to stay an extra hour or so, but will be dashing home in time to get a front row seat in the living room to watch the game. I have high hopes for this one.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2020, 09:17:48 AM »
Hoping we can secure the 5 points here, very important.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2020, 09:27:59 AM »
Nice day here in Coventry, usual busy day WFH and just had a meeting added in that finishes at 5:30.
I will be leaving that meeting at that time at the very latest, at least it's just a walk downstairs and not a 30min drive home afterwards.

This needs to be a strong statement of intent from the team, as based on current results it should be a 5-pointer and if we end up scraping through this it gives the teams we are fighting against for a play-off place some confidence for the next matches.

Bet 365 have us at 1/40 for the win (although they also had Sarries at 1/25 at the weekend)

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2020, 09:40:10 AM »
Hello everyone, and here's to  a successful Wasps day for us all, tho' I think there will be quite a lot  of hard work involved.  But our boys can do it......  it might well not be easy but it's possible.  Go for it Team.  And safe journeys to all wherever you are.                               Allez Allez Allez     C  O  Y  W

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2020, 11:07:38 AM »
Morning all from a very sunny Hastings. Looking forward to this one. Hoping to establish our position in the table. And it's always a pleasure to beat Tiggs. Fingers crossed.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2020, 11:15:23 AM »
Morning all,
After a glorious start to the day, Coventry is starting to cloud over.
I can’t concentrate on my work today because of the Tigers match. Pre match nerves.
My water is telling me that Tigers are not going to roll over without a fight.
Ellis Genge will want to make his mark as a first time captain and the peripheral squad members will be fighting for new contracts.
I hope we can restore local bragging rights as there are still quite a number of local Tigers fans(that supported them before wasps’ move to Cov.).
COYW.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2020, 11:22:35 AM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours.

Really liking the midweek games and it is interesting to hear players feedback that it is working well for them as well. On paper the midweek games seem like a bad idea for player welfare, in practice and with rotation it seems to work. Of course it also gives the chance to have longer planned breaks, which could be a better overall for R&R.

Wasps need to be careful how they handle the wounded Tiger today. Here's to a great game. Come on You Wasps!

Stay safe and take care,
Notso