Always a Wasp

Author Topic: March Thread  (Read 6842 times)

Beasties

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: March Thread
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2020, 07:52:19 AM »
That was brilliant. So many putting their hand up for the starting spots now. Took a while to click but once Brookes had eliminated Genge and West did his usual stuff we soon had control. Barbeary just has so much power and potential. We're really spoilt at hooker. Also thought that was Minozzi's best game and that the 12-13 Mills Fekitoa partnership really started to click. Champagne stuff!

+1  nothing to add

I agree re the centres, good understanding
Yep, Mills is quality and just what we need at 12. He was always going to need time to adjust, happy he's getting there. West was quietly impressive as usual, gonna be a great asset for Wasps. Dickson needs to speed up his scrum engagement, both teams were getting exasperated, good reffing otherwise.

Lots to admire about that performance obvs. For me, the hugely encouraging thing about the last few matches is our mauling. I no longer have to hide behind the sofa while watching us attempt to maul. Plenty to work on still but finally we seem to be getting there. Our goal line defence is also an actual thing now, having been MIA for years. That's down to desire, you can see how many of the boys have that now. The coaching staff really are building something, it feels like the youth are driving the whole club forwards too at last.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2020, 10:28:52 AM »
Didn't realise that Barbeary was originally a Centre.  Let's see him have a crack at 12/13 then! Imagine that for breaking the gainline  ;D

Nigel Med

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2020, 10:53:35 AM »
Mills definitely seems to be finding his feet which is great as he's a natural successor to Gopps in the 12 shirt. As brilliant as Gopps has been and still is on recent form, clearly at his age he's not going to be around much longer (although I would love him to stay on as a player/coach, I'm sure he's really been a guiding light for young Jacob)

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2020, 12:03:15 PM »
Dan too honest. I think if the TMO had looked at that he'd have been hard pushed to say that little feather of a touch actually went forward.
In these times of lies and dishonesty emanating on a daily basis from those allegedly running the country perhaps we should congratulate a professional sportsman who demonstrates honesty and integrity and doesn't waste the time of a TMO and everyone else who's watching.  Well done Dan, proud of you. ;)

Wasn't meant as a criticism.  Fair play to him for calling his own knock-on and saving the TMO the bother.  But he may feel he did himself a bit of a disservice when he watches it back.  Given the final score it's something of a moot point anyway!

bournender2

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2020, 08:20:59 PM »
Just watching the video of the game, for second time. In the heat of the live action, it may not have been obvious. We only took the lead after 32 minutes of play.

The “massacre” was in the last 60’!