Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 2519 times)

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
Morning All
« on: September 28, 2020, 06:49:14 AM »
I'm just off to endure work for the next 9.5 hours and then look forward to this evening's big game at the Stoop.

If we play like we have recently then the game is ours, if not top four will be unlikely.

COYW

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 07:24:47 AM »
To get to this stage of the season and find ourselves under pressure to get two TBP wins pretty much sums up Wasps. I wonder if Bristol, Bath and Sale feel the same? I guess it is what it is. I don't think Exeter will feel under pressure with regard to the Premiership at this point. With Bath having secured the TBP last Tuesday, and with Bristol hosting Tigers on Wednesday, I have to think that the only other team under pressure this round is Sale, playing at Franklins Gardens tomorrow.

At this point, a home SF is ours to lose, especially away at the Stoop. Seems to be a bogey fixture for us.

Feeling very nervous about today. Not helped by me not sleeping well recently (which is one of the things that happened on the build up to my heart attack in January).

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 07:43:57 AM »
Morning Codds, NWW and all Waspies from a cool and pleasant Guildford. Monday’s in General practice, especially now cold and flu season is off and running, tend to be a very busy day, but to have a cracking and important fixture against Quins to look forward to certainly helps!

With positions 2-5 being so tight getting a win at the Stoop is a must this evening. Quins are no pushovers and have enough power and quality to get the win as well so we must go full bore for the whole 80 for this one, and if possible try to get a TBP victory and 5 points. Normally 61 points gets you into the playoffs, however this year 70 should be our aim. IF we can get 71 (no means feet as our game tonight will be very difficult and Chiefs will be a huge challenge no matter who they put out) then a home semi final is there as reward no matter the other results. The weather will be calm, dry and a pleasant 16-17 degrees at Twickers this evening, perfect for running rugby. What a cracking week we have coming up and by Sunday evening we will know who will be challenging Exeter in the play offs! Have a great day everyone!

Come on you Wasps!!!

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 07:46:10 AM »
Morning both.

Dull here but at least the winds of the last two days have abated. Just about to wander out with the dog and remembered - it's today! Never feel happy about playing at the Stoop (unless we have an Eastmond tobe sent off!). Will be watching in hope.

Come on boys give Robshaw something bad to send him off!
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 07:46:25 AM »
Morning all. Think we'll sneak this. I class Quins as a bit of a bogey side, especially when they are being steered by Smith but I think we have enough.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2020, 08:52:21 AM »
Morning all from a very autumnal Hastings. As coddy says, if we are on our game this one will be ours. Looking for a TBP. All the best boys.

Allez, allez, allez.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2020, 09:08:04 AM »
Morning all from Coventry,
It’s a very decent morning here.
I sense Harlequins are Our bogey team and for that reason I’m afraid I don’t feel confident right now.
It’s a pity Joe isn’t around to steer the ship and Ryan Mills was starting to show his class.
On a ore positive note, Harlequins seem to be missing some ballast up front and don’t need the victory as much as we do.
It’s going to be a long wait until kick off time.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2020, 09:36:59 AM »
Morning one and all.

It’s a bit miserable here in North Cornwall where once again bad planning means I’m in my motorhome, but coverage is reasonable and I’ve got plenty of data left.

I don’t like the idea we’re under pressure for a win and they don’t have much to play for, remember the Wuss game?  At least the lads have been playing under pressure so they shouldn’t tighten and make silly mistakes.  They’ve also come back from some difficult positions, so it’s a case of the coaches ensuring self-belief doesn’t become over confidence. 

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2020, 09:38:06 AM »
Morning all. Nervous for this one. But win or lose, we've done exceptionally well this season!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2020, 09:42:11 AM »
Good morning everyone- here's hoping for a very happy evening.  I think I will be spending most of the match cowering  behind the settee as usual and then watching the re-play, but I hope I'm wrong. It's going to be a bit of a close-run thing but so much will depend on  the mood of the players - as ever....  but  they have the abilitiy to do well and better than the opposition.  Sorry. Mr Robshaw. but I do hope we absolutely ruin your day.  Safe journeys wherever you may be,  and Allez Allez Allez ........................  C O Y W ......             

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2020, 10:12:14 AM »
Morning all and best wishes to you and yours.

It's been a roller coaster this season and here we are, in with a shout for the play offs. Who would have taken that at he start of the season. Whoever the fifth team is are going to be particularly disappointed, has it ever been this close with two games (bar bath) to go?

The results will be what they are. I am just enjoying games again, watching the flair and skill from all positions. It's been great to see the players enjoying playing and getting results by consequence. It always feels more perilous for your own team, but there are potential banana skins for every team.

Here's to a great game. Last chance to see Chris Robshaw in the premiership, what a career, he was the 'man in the arena'.

Here's to a great game, may the best team win. Come on You Wasps!

Take care,
Notso

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2020, 10:17:00 AM »
Morning all.

Nice morning here in South Bucks. A good day for moving the ball around.

Just looked at the season stats again. 3 wins/18 pts from the first 10 games. 9 wins and 43 pts from the last 10 inc. 7 BP wins.

Whatever happens, it's been a great second half to the season. Hopeful for a W tonight - we have the players to deliver.

#COTW

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2020, 10:24:40 AM »
Morning all from a dry but chilly Coventry. Another full day of WFH before settling down with some Wasps Gold Beer this evening.

Both teams have put out strong squads but hopeful the lads can pull this off. Really need a 5-pointer tonight and despite losing Launch think we have the team to do it.

Will be a great match whatever.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2020, 10:38:58 AM »
Morning all. Nervous for this one. But win or lose, we've done exceptionally well this season!

I agree Raggs.

I prefer steady steady incremental and sustainable improvements - but I really don’t want to lose to Harlequins tonight.

After the doom and gloom around the club around Xmas time I’m absolutely delighted with what has happened since then so perhaps I should settle for that?

The squad is in a good place and, unlike many clubs, we have real strength in depth.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2020, 10:43:40 AM »
Morning All. A half day at work for me before the big match tonight where I feel we'll really see what this squad is made of. Quins will be up for this, being Robshaw's last home game. Their loss to Sale last week may have dented their confidence a bit, but they have been playing some good Rugby, albeit against sides closer to them in the table before last week. I feel rather calm about our chances. There seems to be some steel and resilience to the squad that hasn't been noticeable in a Wasps side for a while.