Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Team Announcement Postponed. Not Just Us.  (Read 5375 times)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Team Announcement Postponed. Not Just Us.
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2020, 02:35:56 PM »
I find it odd that there are no other rumours or statements, and that Sale have said nothing. Roundball clubs have been open and honest AFAIK and announced positive results straight away.

My guess is that it is this week's testing that has picked this up, and not symptoms in the players, which might suggest they have picked this up internally. Does make you wonder about Saints though.

Maybe the Premiership have insisted everybody does a rush test today. Helicopter the samples to the lab, prioritise them, and know by tomorrow morning.

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2020, 03:12:33 PM »
Fortunately for all, Mr Diamond in all his wisdom has already provided a solution for this issue
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/aug/11/premiership-clubs-coronavirus-forfeit-20-0-says-sale-director-covid-19?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Wow - that is the most bizarre coincidence!

Off course I hope all involved a full and speedy recovery, but I also hope this doesn’t derail the season (again).

Laterontoday

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2020, 03:33:12 PM »
Nik Simon of the Daily Mail suggests that the delay is due to a significant number of positive Covid tests at Sale and that their match against Worcester is likely to be forfeited as a result.

And of course this could just be wicked wind up by Marley Wasp 48 hrs before a massive round of games for four teams.

I wonder if Steve Diamond could give me the lottery numbers for tonight.  First his Manu prediction of 9 games a season and crocked in game 9and now his Covid prediction. Fancy that.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2020, 03:33:40 PM »
If - and at this stage it remains a fairly big if as we don't really know the extent of the reported issue - Sale are unable to field a team, leading to the game being cancelled and a 20-0 win awarded to Worcester, then that may also have a bearing on the final European place.  Would Worcester get a bonus point?  If not, and that proves to be the difference between them and Gloucester in 8th, then they'd be understandably aggrieved at being denied the opportunity to get it.  Equally if Worcester's unlikely win at Sale lands them in 8th ahead of Gloucester, then Glaws will be pretty peeved at Wuss being awarded points for a tricky away game that they never played.  If Sale miss out on top 4 as a result then to some extent they have only themselves to blame, but there may also be some collateral damage further down.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2020, 03:35:28 PM »
Nik Simon of the Daily Mail suggests that the delay is due to a significant number of positive Covid tests at Sale and that their match against Worcester is likely to be forfeited as a result.

And of course this could just be wicked wind up by Marley Wasp 48 hrs before a massive round of games for four teams.

Daily Fail are running the story, so unless Marley is their source, then I'm not sure he's on the wind up!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-8798337/Sales-clash-Worcester-balance-number-players-test-positive-COVID-19.html

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2020, 03:42:12 PM »
Apparently Sam James coaches Manchester 1st team and so not in bubble ( suggestion from sale fan) .
 Wonder if our pt time coaches (Gopperth Umaga etc) are still helping local teams or been asked to stop

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2020, 04:00:36 PM »
I hate having to read articles in the "popular press"
Such sensationalist language & the glee with which they report bad news.... I hate it!

That said it seems to be the same everywhere news is reported now.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2020, 04:08:12 PM »
If proven, then there knock on consequences for the international games that follow.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2020, 04:10:55 PM »
If - and at this stage it remains a fairly big if as we don't really know the extent of the reported issue - Sale are unable to field a team, leading to the game being cancelled and a 20-0 win awarded to Worcester, then that may also have a bearing on the final European place.  Would Worcester get a bonus point?  If not, and that proves to be the difference between them and Gloucester in 8th, then they'd be understandably aggrieved at being denied the opportunity to get it.  Equally if Worcester's unlikely win at Sale lands them in 8th ahead of Gloucester, then Glaws will be pretty peeved at Wuss being awarded points for a tricky away game that they never played.  If Sale miss out on top 4 as a result then to some extent they have only themselves to blame, but there may also be some collateral damage further down.

I think the original suggestion was that the 20-0 'score' was to be four unconverted tries, thus a TBP win and 5 points.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2020, 04:38:05 PM »

I think the original suggestion was that the 20-0 'score' was to be four unconverted tries, thus a TBP win and 5 points.

That was what I thought from memory, but memory not so reliable and couldn't find anywhere to confirm.  The fact that 2 of us remember the same is encouraging at least! :)

MarleyWasp

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2020, 05:03:23 PM »

Daily Fail are running the story, so unless Marley is their source, then I'm not sure he's on the wind up!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-8798337/Sales-clash-Worcester-balance-number-players-test-positive-COVID-19.html

I can confirm that I'm definitely not Nik Simon, and if I did have some inside knowledge that would be significant, I wouldn't share it with the Daily Mail.

That said, their sources for Rugby news are usually bang on the money, so as much as I dislike that rag, I do follow their three Rugby reporters on Twitter...

St Bruno

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2020, 05:20:47 PM »
Telegraph now reporting that 16 people tested positive at Sharks. The article does not say whether any of them are players.

On another topic, Trump tested negative for an IQ.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2020, 05:48:09 PM »

Apparently, they also gave him a brain scan, but didn't find anything.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2020, 05:49:30 PM »

Nice one John!!!