Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Training Centre  (Read 18185 times)

WussFan

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Training Centre
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2020, 02:51:20 PM »
That application I think is for a care home and managed over 55s housing and from the map a redevelopment of the old college buildings. It’s not yet approved.

Looking at the area plan there have been around 160 residential approvals in the area since 2011 which in itself is fairly tiny and even more so if you look at how many are conversions. The new build is minuscule.

Not sure anyone has tried to get planning for the green space on the old sport site that Wasps are buying, but I suspect zero chance you’d get it.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2020, 03:24:47 PM »
That application I think is for a care home and managed over 55s housing and from the map a redevelopment of the old college buildings. It’s not yet approved.

Looking at the area plan there have been around 160 residential approvals in the area since 2011 which in itself is fairly tiny and even more so if you look at how many are conversions. The new build is minuscule.

Not sure anyone has tried to get planning for the green space on the old sport site that Wasps are buying, but I suspect zero chance you’d get it.

Well in that case I also doff my cap to the residents ability to stop developments in their Town. In my town despite much campaigning we have had to suffer 30% increase in housing in the same period to help meet national targets.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2020, 03:31:19 PM »
The government have issued guidance to all local authorities on how many new homes they should be facilitating the building of over the next 5-30 years. Since they started this project I've worked for two social housing providers in two different parts of the country, but both heavily involved in the delivery of building the X amount of new homes.

The first local authority area I worked in, a city council, have made it clear that there is insufficient space within the city council limits to build the number of homes required but by the time I left had been told to find a way.

The local authority area I'm working in now have been told is a borough council, so not as big as the Warwick District Council area, have been told to build 16,500 homes. The area currently has around 48,000 homes. They advised the government that there wasn't the space in non-greenbelt areas to build that many and the response was along the lines of "not good enough, get rid of the greenbelt areas". Not working in the planning/maintenance side of the sector I have no idea what is going to happen next.

Whether we like it or not, the sad reality is that the green belt is going to vanish over the next 5-30 years. If Wasps' planning application is rejected the land will be used for housing eventually. That is the reality.

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2020, 08:43:32 AM »
“Wasps have made a big step forward in their pursuit of securing a permanent training ground.

Plans to change the use and modify Warwickshire College Sports Centre to create a new training base at the Henley-in-Arden site were recommended for approval by Stratford-on-Avon District Council earlier this week.

The plans are due to go before the council's planning committee tomorrow (Wednesday, October 21).”

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/wasps-new-training-ground-plans-19117612.amp

So tomorrow will be quite the day for Wasps with two important results expected.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2020, 08:47:05 AM »
So tomorrow will be quite the day for Wasps with two important results expected.

Fingers crossed that one result is positive and the other negative!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2020, 08:51:30 AM »

Fingers crossed that one result is positive and the other negative!

Just so, John.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2020, 09:07:16 AM »
The summary of recommendation was granted subject to the completion of Section 106, which will be a £50,000 contribution to a Henley-in-Arden community sports project approved by the local parish council.

This is to mitigate the loss of a 2G pitch and sports hall to the local community.

Since a full size 3G football pitch costs about £300K and a new sports hall costs over £1m, I can imagine why the locals would be up in arms if they have to find somewhere for replacements, and have to fund the balance.

However at least it will not mean new housing overrunning the local facilities.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2020, 09:22:53 AM »
Tomorrow is really shaping up to be a lucky underwear kind of day!

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2020, 09:28:49 AM »
There's a spare 4G pitch going spare in Barnet. Maybe Henley residents could club together to buy that one?

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2020, 10:14:36 AM »
You do push your luck!!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2020, 10:47:37 AM »
You do push your luck!!

No I think it would be best to roll it up! :)
Let me tell you something cucumber

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2020, 10:58:01 AM »
Best idea you've had in ages!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2020, 10:08:36 AM »
Does anyone know the timing of this committee meeting? Must be zoom thing.
Let me tell you something cucumber

St Bruno

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2020, 10:19:39 AM »
You planning to hack in then, Neils?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2020, 10:49:12 AM »