Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Game Thread  (Read 7927 times)

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
Re: Game Thread
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2020, 03:52:25 PM »
Made up for Minozzi today, to finish off that try, was well deserved after being one of the leading lights since the restart...but huge credit to Goppert for his vision and Bassett's seemingly magnetic hand.
It was fine when I left it.....

petros

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2020, 03:55:37 PM »
Shame Josh's try wasn't allowed, would have been as entertaining as Howler's in 2004

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2020, 04:21:21 PM »
Superb stuff. For those watching the next game, am I right in presuming  we would prefer to play Bath?

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2020, 04:36:38 PM »
Superb stuff. For those watching the next game, am I right in presuming  we would prefer to play Bath?

I know I would feel slightly more confident against them.

hopwood

« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2020, 04:56:16 PM »
Love Bath to be our opponents.

But, quite happy for Exeter.
Both teams will have injury concerns over the coming weeks.

But honestly....Wasps self belief and momentum will concern ANY side.
I would back us.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2020, 05:07:00 PM »
Bath because we've got the hex on them after that comeback, but in reality its a final and anything can happen.

As an aside, I'm watching the other semi final and getting fed up of hearing Luke Pearce shouting "use it" and being ignored. I don't remember the 9s being told once in our game (there probably was an occasion), which shows difference in styles.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2020, 05:09:59 PM »
Bath because we've got the hex on them after that comeback, but in reality its a final and anything can happen.

As an aside, I'm watching the other semi final and getting fed up of hearing Luke Pearce shouting "use it" and being ignored. I don't remember the 9s being told once in our game (there probably was an occasion), which shows difference in styles.

Have you been counting? So far I'd argue only one has gone over time, and the ball was stuck under a body when it was called, so it shouldn't have been called.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2020, 05:19:59 PM »
Bet Wasps squad players are looking forward to potentially being Exter's pick and go attack for a couple of weeks in training!

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2020, 05:25:57 PM »

Have you been counting? So far I'd argue only one has gone over time, and the ball was stuck under a body when it was called, so it shouldn't have been called.

Missed that one and no, I haven't been counting.

My point wasn't about them going over time more that they're just being slow compared to our game, and the game isn't as interesting for it. It not a bad game, though, and has had its moments.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2020, 05:32:50 PM »
I think it should be a penalty if one of your coaches uses the phrases like "he spoke really well about...". Keep business jargon out of rugby!

COYW15

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2020, 07:29:32 PM »
If someone in December 2019 told me of all the things that would happen in 2020, I think Wasps being in the premiership final would be the least believable of all.

What an incredible turnaround by Lee et al.

I love this club. Whatever happens in 2 weeks, an incredible season.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2020, 07:44:35 PM »
Excellent result. Bristol were dismantled to be honest.

Well done to Lee and his coaching team.

HCWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2020, 07:46:01 PM »
It felt like the magnificent Bordeaux & Edinburgh jollies might be the last for a very long time. So glad to be wrong!

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2020, 09:50:01 PM »
That was the best Wasps performance I can remember for a long time. No mitigation at all today for weakened / unmotivated opposition. That was a full strength, fully motivated team with everything to play for and Wasps beat them comfortably and in some style. Very, very proud if the whole team tonight, and I'm sure they've given Exeter plenty to think about. Can't wait for the final and so disappointed we can't all be their to cheer them on at Twickenham.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2020, 10:19:46 PM »
Having just got back from the pub I’m still in a ‘did that really happen?mood’ was it really that simple? Did we really negate Earles Hughes and Radarada and others that it seemed too comfortable? Never once did I have a squeaky bum moment .

A complete performance.