Always a Wasp

Author Topic: the other game  (Read 2512 times)

wycombewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
the other game
« on: October 10, 2020, 05:51:00 PM »
is anybody watching this rubbish

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
Re: the other game
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 05:55:49 PM »
Yep, Chiefs looking more comfortable now, Bath running out of ideas at crucial moments. However in the main this is turgid.
It was fine when I left it.....

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 05:59:04 PM »
Hill should have had a red. When someone is as low as the Bath 8 you can't 'clear them out', and running in and smashing your shoulder into the junction of the cervical and thoracic spine would be in a textbook of how to paralyze someone.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 06:04:16 PM »
I WAS watching it. Just switched it off. Boredom had set in.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2020, 06:08:15 PM »
Bath aren't coming back now. Typical Chiefs win, absorb a bit of pressure and grind out a win.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2020, 06:10:13 PM »
Spencer spoken to for arguing with the ref. You can take the boy out of Sarries...

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2020, 06:18:27 PM »
But, Wasps have to work out how to break the Chiefs machine. They just grind you down. Not pretty or exciting.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2020, 06:29:23 PM »
But, Wasps have to work out how to break the Chiefs machine. They just grind you down. Not pretty or exciting.
Indeed.

The wide open spaces of Twickenham might give us a slight advantage, I think we have the quicker, fitter, squad, but not by much. Exeter will also have had the Champions Cup final, in which I wish them well, again only a marginal advantage as niggles and other injuries will have less time to heal.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2020, 07:05:21 PM »
They had a few niggly injuries today and obviously have a massive game next weekend, could play into our hands.
If they win next weekend however, whoever turns out for them against us will be hugely energised and they’ll have that momentum with them

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2020, 07:11:10 PM »
Genuinely think Exeter are better than us and will probably (most likely) win.

Perhaps we're their kryptonite? For example they thrive on possession, and we have the turnover king.

I'm hoping we show up and give them a good game, but very worried we look as abysmal as Bath.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2020, 07:14:44 PM »
I'd love to beat them, but if we don't I won't be too disappointed. When you look at how many of our squad are fresh from the academy this season you can only think that we are going to get better and better.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2020, 07:20:33 PM »
Vesp,

You are not wrong. We keep reaching levels I never thought we'd reach this season, outrageous we've done this well. Especially looking at the amount of players promoted from academy for this season.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2020, 07:35:11 PM »
They had a few niggly injuries today and obviously have a massive game next weekend, could play into our hands.
If they win next weekend however, whoever turns out for them against us will be hugely energised and they’ll have that momentum with them

To counter that I'll argue that since Lee took over, and I mean this as no disrespect to Dai who I will respect, admire and thank until my dying day, we are an energised team and that has been more apparent since the restart. We have come back from games that most of us thought were lost and turned out amazing performances against teams that everyone was saying that on paper they were the better side.

More importantly, given our start to the season they can go in to the match with the attitude that we've already overachieved and that there's nothing to lose.

I think we have more than a fighting chance and I look forward to the game with some optimism.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2020, 07:47:32 PM »
I accept Exeter are formidable but I wouldn’t travel very far to watch them.

They are a bit on the boring side.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2020, 08:14:06 PM »
If Chiefs win next week I would think it would help us. A wounded Chiefs going after their only trophy.....not so appealing. Either way we have two weeks to heal and will be confident.