Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Sarries match close to a sell out?  (Read 2291 times)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Sarries match close to a sell out?
« on: April 28, 2017, 12:19:50 PM »
A few days ago, the Wasps marketing machine put out a release saying that over 20k seats were gone (I don't like saying sold, as not all will have been paid for). I went on the ticketing site to take a look today (as I have been since they made that announcement). I know they hold some rows of seats back (and so they look sold, but aren't), but it now looks like there are about 1000 seats left in the entirety of West, North and East blocks, with many sections either fully sold out or with only a handful of seats. And, as the seats they hold back tend to be the upper rows, you can see that the seats in those rows have been released for sale, and many sold.

Not all of South Block has been released for sale. I reckon there are about 4000 seats maybe still to sell. I know the capacity is over 32000, so I assume that maybe 27,000 seats have now been 'sold'.

I truly hope that they have laid on a load more shuttle buses from the station, like they did for the Bath game, but more so, as I expect a lot of fans to come up by train.

Harry the wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Sarries match close to a sell out?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 06:16:49 PM »
I'm pleased that I've payed for my parking in that case. Given that Sarries don't have a large travelling contingent (or home one for that matter) we can expect an amazing atmosphere. Especially if the boys do the business tonight.
Only supporting teams beginning with a W.