Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 2562 times)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Morning All
« on: October 24, 2020, 06:31:27 AM »
Yes, the wind is howling outside, ideal day for a game of topsy turvy rugby. Looking forward to it, no idea what to expect.

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 06:52:35 AM »
It’s finals day! And a very good morning to NWW and all Waspies from a dark Guildford. The rooster may not yet have cleared it’s throat but I cannot sleep a wink longer. The coffee is on the go, the hound is still sound asleep not even thinking about our morning walk yet and I have a weekly food shop and shop in town to get a present for my mums 69th birthday to achieve, before heading to our local hogs back brewery to get some of their fine ale For what promises to be a cracker of a final today!

I think none of us can argue that Baxter’s men are firm favourites for this one, they are riding the crest of a wave having won their first European title, are battled hardened, experienced and have had no disruption leading into this. We on the other hand have had 3 training sessions and lost 4 of our first XIII to isolation. I really feel for those boys, as they would most likely be in today’s game, and equally deserve to be. However rugby is a team game, and it is those that play as a team that will win the day. We have seen disruption before al la Bath, we have trusted our wider squad al la Saracens and emerged victors. We have a team, a family, enjoying their rugby and getting results. Yes Exeter are rightly favourites, but finals rugby is a different beast, and any result is possible.

Of course I would love to see our boys lift the trophy aloft. But we have won so much already and have so much to be proud of this season. A fantastic CEO in Vaughan, a supportive board, a great back room team, an academy starting to conveyer belt talent into the senior squad..and we have the squad themselves. We are on the cusp of a new, bright long term future and I could not be prouder no matter what happens! But, lads, if you want to take the chiefs scalp today, be assured you have thousands of your black and gold family right behind you!

Now let’s go get em!!!

COME ON YOU WASPS!!!

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp!  ;D
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 07:14:14 AM by Wombles »

Belfast Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 07:17:10 AM »
Good Morning Nelly and Wombles and all, storms a blowing here aswell, but not a jot given its the day we have been waiting for.  Win, Lose or Draw the achievement is immense even a global pandemic could not stop us.  I know the guys will leave everything they have out on the park therefore making us all very proud.  Good Luck guys COYW ;D

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 07:35:34 AM »
Morning one and all,

I didn't need to open the curtains to see the weather, it was lashing down. Yuk.

Its going to be a long day and in this weather I won't be able to spend the time doing odd jobs in the garden (clearing gutters and unblocking drains next on the list, but not in this weather), so it will be a longish walk listening to the History of Rome podcast series. Our evening meal is normally around 7:30, but to be on the safe side we're having it in the afternoon.

Its a final, the last game of a truly weird season and whatever happens the boys can walk off the park with their heads held high after what they've been through and achieved.

COYW

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 07:50:27 AM »
Morning all

Quite still and dry here but probably going to change as soon as dog and I depart shortly.

With all our upheavals I think we are due a full 80 minutes of very good luck. Would be lovely!

The boys will give their all and deserve our thanks for getting us through the last few months in such stellar fashion.

COYW
Let me tell you something cucumber

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 08:14:00 AM »
Morning all from a still dry (as Neils said ) Essex .Just about to go and take dogs out and then it’s all about getting ready for the main event!

As we are in tier2 managed to swop usual table at local from inside to Undercover outside with TV at one end of table so we can still sit together. Booked from 3 o’clock ,but as landlord and others West Ham fans may well be there from 12! Will seem like a day at HQ normally get to St Margaret’s 12:00 for food before walking down.

Have a good feeling about today,win or lose we can be proud of getting this far in the circumstances of the whole prolonged season .

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2020, 08:21:33 AM »
Morning all. Milton Keynes for me this morning. Nearing the end of our canal holiday.

Glad the game is in the evening. Means i won't be miserable for too long. Off to Bletchley Park this morning, should be interesting.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2020, 08:36:52 AM »
Morning all!

Seems a slightly odd day, having a final in October. Normally a sunny and warm afternoon, sporting a Wasps top and shorts for the relatively short trip to HQ.

The lads have to give it 110%, which I am sure that they will. We have a style of play which could stretch them and open up a few gaps. Just fear that every time that they get that ball in our 22, it will be hide behing the sofa time.

We could not have asked for any more from the lads this season. They are playing with smiles on their faces and enjoying every moment. We have been dealt a cruel blow since the SF, but out of adversity.........

What ever happens by 8 pm tonight, we should be very proud to wear the shirt and look forward to even more exciting times ahead.

Que sera sera.

#COYW

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2020, 08:43:50 AM »
Good morning everyone, and  thank you to those who have already written for putting into words all the things I feel about our club! You put it so well.  They deserve to win but whether that will happen  only time will tell. I do know they will give everything. I just wish it wasn't CMK.  I have reserved my usual space behind the settee but will be in HQ in spirit, shouting, yelling, and Allezi-ng.  It seems that the BBC has only heard about Xeter and don't know who the mighty oppposition is.  So  -  Good Luck boys  -  still ioncredibly proud of you no matter what the outcome is.  Safe journeys to you all wherever and whoever you may be................   and   C  O  Y  W   .........

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2020, 08:45:16 AM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours.

Well how about this then! Despite the weather, the entire Wasps team of players and staff have given us a glorious morning. With a playing squad full of recently promoted academy players and players that have worked their way up from the championship Wasps have won the hearts of many former detractors. I just hope they are all able to savour this moment and continue to enjoy their rugby.

Hoping for a great game between two great teams. Come on You Wasps!

Take care,
Notso

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2020, 08:49:24 AM »
P.S.   Rather OT but   Help!  please.  I appear to have lost or used up my ration of 'Applaud/Smite'. Can I have it back please??  What did I do? Certainly haven't been out wining and dining - unlike  some. 

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2020, 08:50:59 AM »
Morning all!

Who'd have thought we'd be here today when we were struggling at the bottom of the table?

I cant make myself believe we're going to win, but I'll be cheering the guys on every step of the way anyway.

Gonna be a long and nervous day...
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

MarleyWasp

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2020, 08:53:40 AM »
Morning all. No nerves this morning, just a sense of pride in the club and the squad in how they've turned the season around and against all the odds made it to the final. There's a sense of togetherness and resilience that I haven't seen from a Wasps squad for a long long time and that's enabled them to perform miracles. They clearly play with smiles on their faces and I'm enjoying watching them play in a way I haven't for a few years.

We may win this evening, we may not. Nobody outside the club seems to think we have much of a chance, but that's when we're most dangerous.

I'll be watching from home, whilst chatting to the friends I sit with at the Ricoh on Zoom, as we've done for every game since the restart. One friend however is banned as the only game he's joined us for was the Sale game...

ALLEZ WASPS!!!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2020, 09:18:27 AM »
Morning all - from S Glos (J18 M4) - windy but as yet not raining, but the rain radar out West is not optimistic. However, the Met Office forecast for Twickenham is not for rain until later, if windy - but the stadium is well sheltered these days (unlike those cold days as a kid in the 70's in the North Stand!)

Exeter fans I know are quite worried - and even though the bookies are 1/6 for Exeter or +12 points on handicap, no one expected us to turn over the EA's first team with our mainly second team and we've generally been resilient such that Exeter ought not to get  an easy ride

BUT - just like MarleyWasps said - we're most dangerous when written off and for me, we're winners this season already.....especially having watched through Dec when I wondered when the next decent game might come from.

So - let's match the players and watch with a smile on our faces. Rugby is the winner today....especially given the two teams in the final!

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2020, 09:46:48 AM »
Morning from Wales, where we are enjoying the first full day of national lockdown. Pubs are shut, supermarkets told they can't sell kettles or shoes as non essentials, whilst bikes, hairspray and KY jelly are fine, which is great until you discover a hole in your trainers as I have.

No matter, I will echo the thoughts above, we all know the adversity we have beaten, we all know that everything that could go wrong has, and  everyone is proud.

On the four word game summary thread a while back  I said 'might win the league' and Ross, I think, said 'will win the league'. Optimism sometimes turns out to be justified! What seemed fanciful has come to pass- another final.

Enjoy the game all,  stay safe and be proud.