Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Getting to twickenham  (Read 2690 times)

Covguy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Getting to twickenham
« on: May 22, 2017, 06:25:44 PM »
First time to HQ. Getting to central London early then making way to ground. What is easiest way to get there? (With small children in tow). I heard shuttle bus from some stations?

Fats

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Getting to twickenham
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 09:15:27 AM »
Get to Richmond Station.  Lots of pubs, cafe's, coffee shops etc and a shuttle bus to the ground.  You get this on the main road.  I'm sure someone can point you to the pickup point.  Lots of people use it.  Its 50p (or it was when I last used it) per adult and kids under a certain age are free.  You only pay to get to the ground the return is free.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 11:14:43 AM »
I've only been a couple of times, but I've got the train to Twickenham station. It's about a 10 minute walk to the stadium, but assuming the weather is good it's a bit of a carnival atmosphere and an enjoyable experience.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Doctorkmt

• Wasps Rugby Fan, part time troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 07:32:31 AM »
Be careful when traveling to and from the stadium as the radio stations will be packed from the rugby and football.

Aside from the obvious 999, there is a specific anti terrorist hotline, 0800789321 for emergencies. I have this saved in my phone contacts.
Run, hide, tell is the current mantra.

Here's hoping for a great game and a great wasps win!
@doctorkmt