Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Tiggers off  (Read 3071 times)

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Tiggers off
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2020, 04:56:46 PM »
I’ve always hated the idea of relegation being scrapped. But, given that some very important facts have changed, I am very happy to change my mind.

I also reckon it’d be a real boost for the Championship to be guaranteed a full season coming up against Asterisk the Galling Cheats. Might help get quite a few more bums on seats and boost the all important gate receipts. Assuming no fixture clash, I’d definitely be on for popping along to Cov’s home game.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2020, 05:08:54 PM »
I do think that the risk is whoever finishes bottom could end up there solely because they denied a bonus point win, or a win at all, simply because of Covid. That cannot be right. In the Championship, the teams who get to playoff could similarly get there solely because of Covid. Neither is a prospect that feels at all fair or right.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2020, 06:21:19 PM »
The problem isn't how many tested positive but back-tracking and trying to see who needs to be isolated as a result of that.

I have a feeling some French and EPL clubs might now be willing to completely dismiss the euro comps. To risk putting out a team and then find out that a few members of the opposition tested positive a few days after the game might mean you're without 20 players for your next domestic league game.

The PRL/EPL had it all pretty much locked down last season (Sale aside).. but since the euro rounds have started a covid grenade seems to have gone off. Clubs accusing other clubs.. clubs travelling but not willing to play.. seemingly innocent parties coming off worse.

I'm now beginning to see the sense behind what Toulon did.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2020, 07:14:56 PM »
Cry off every match with COVID and you've got yourself 44 points which will be more than enough to escape relegation. :)

Lwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2020, 10:34:40 PM »
Cry off every match with COVID and you've got yourself 44 points which will be more than enough to escape relegation. :)

Unless everyone does it.