Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Teams Up for Sale  (Read 4471 times)

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Teams Up for Sale
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2020, 12:59:19 PM »
But Robson can be on the bench?

I'm confused.

Robson could well have had two weeks off and is picked without training or potentially allowed to take his second week break another time.
Willis and Launchbury definitely went abroad for a full r&r break
Umaga needing two weeks off is ridiculous but at the same time he has played a lot over the last six months

Umaga was injured, it's nothing to do with internationals. He had an HIA, but I think worse, was his cheek, looked potentially broken.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2020, 01:00:50 PM »

I'm confused.

Robson could well have had two weeks off and is picked without training or potentially allowed to take his second week break another time.
Umaga needing two weeks off is ridiculous but at the same time he has played a lot over the last six months

Umaga was injured, it's nothing to do with internationals. He had an HIA, but I think worse, was his cheek, looked potentially broken.

He may well be injured but I took the quote from BB's live report on the team selection.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2020, 01:23:34 PM »
I'm concerned how strong Sale are going, hopefully we give them a good game, but that's a very strong Sale side.
They've lost 3 on the bounce...but are always a tricky side for us.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2020, 01:47:47 PM »
Jacob may not have played but he still trained throughout the time the rest of the squad were off.

Stang

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2020, 02:13:40 PM »
Jacob may not have played but he still trained throughout the time the rest of the squad were off.

This plus his head knock and the other resting players, it all makes sense. Give him some time off. He’s been guns blazing since restart and sometimes you need an enforced break to avoid a plateau in performance - especially with the step up to England camps etc. He’ll be hungrier for it in Jan.

Plus, Sale are a bogey team, let’s see what Charlie can do!

Love the look of our pack though. It’s our pack and 13 that excite me most for this one. Hopefully we can get on top of them a bit!!

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2020, 02:32:49 PM »
I'm concerned how strong Sale are going, hopefully we give them a good game, but that's a very strong Sale side.

Saw they lost last 2 in Europe, then against Newcastle a couple of games ago. Guess they're not 100%, but yeah dangerous.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2020, 02:39:07 PM »

I'd forgotten the training went through the time off the others had. I knew he'd trained, but the fact it was a down period for everyone else had slipped my mind. That'll be it.

Mellie

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2020, 03:03:49 PM »
So maybe they have to isolate on return like most people going abroad so makes sense to fulfil the 2nd mandatory week that way.

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2020, 03:49:08 PM »
Very happy with the team. I was excited when Porter & Atkinson were announced at 9 & 10 last week and after their confident performance, I’m really pleased Blackett has rewarded the young half backs with another start. Similarly with West, Morris, Alfie and even Le Booj. If we want squad depth that leads to interchangeability in key positions without impacting quality (like Exeter), then this is the absolute right way.

I'm confused.

He may well be injured but I took the quote from BB's live report on the team selection.

He’s not on BB’s updated injury list so hopefully he hasn’t suffered a broken cheekbone (I think Gleason had confirmed that already). I think it’s his second HIA so best to be cautious.

And remember this is their first Prem game without Diamond.

So maybe they have to isolate on return like most people going abroad so makes sense to fulfil the 2nd mandatory week that way.

I believe they both went to Dubai, so no need to self isolate after arriving back in the UK, unless the club has more stringent protocols (which would make sense in this current environment). Anyway we do have Exeter and Bath next where we will need our heavy hitters back, fit and fighting.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2020, 05:11:18 PM »
I assume kicking duties go to Lima.

Charlie.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2020, 06:41:24 PM »
That is a big call, Heathen. An away game in a foreign land. He must be good!

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2020, 09:03:36 PM »
Minozzi has had so few minutes I would have played him. Lima was fairly shocking last week.

Out of interest, is it two games, or two weeks? Because two weeks, 14 days, would have run until Boxing Day.

I thought Charlie looked really physical against Montpol, not like  a teenager. Excited to see him go further. That is a big Sale midfield

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2020, 10:18:23 PM »
I'd expect Lima to kick for the posts, he has a big, accurate boot and plenty of experience so I'd let Atkinson concentrate on running the back line without having the pressure of place kicking.

Saying that I'm getting worried we will lose Minozzi if we don't play him more often as in my opinion he is a far more accomplished Full Back than Sopoaga.

How long before we expect Ryan Mills back?

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2020, 09:16:35 AM »
If we're resting most of our internationals, then it makes sense to do the same with Minozzi even if we technically don't have to.

Would he have had to quarantine coming back from Italy? If so, he may not have taken part in much training

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2020, 11:25:13 AM »
If we're resting most of our internationals, then it makes sense to do the same with Minozzi even if we technically don't have to.

Would he have had to quarantine coming back from Italy? If so, he may not have taken part in much training

He came off the bench in his first game back didn't he? So he must've been around the squad for a while now.