Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Tigers vs Saints off  (Read 1481 times)

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Tigers vs Saints off
« on: January 06, 2021, 12:05:31 PM »
due to covid in the Saints squad apparently

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Tigers vs Saints off
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 12:17:54 PM »
due to covid in the Saints squad apparently

A good scam these 2 points for not even playing. Your players get rested, and you potentially move up the table, but, at worst, you might keep a team below you that actually played and got some points. Let's see where they are after the weekend. Saints are currently 8th, with Bath, Irish, Wuss and Glaws below them.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 12:50:42 PM »
May be an unreasonable assumption on my part, but are clubs reporting cases that lead to a cancellation not required to show evidence of this to PRL to prevent allegations of foul play?  Otherwise Exeter are likely to find themselves without a home game for the remainder of the season as most would be more than happy to come away from Sandy Park with 2 points more than they'd ordinarily expect while restricting Chiefs to just 4 rather than their customary 5 at home.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 12:55:48 PM »
May be an unreasonable assumption on my part, but are clubs reporting cases that lead to a cancellation not required to show evidence of this to PRL to prevent allegations of foul play?  Otherwise Exeter are likely to find themselves without a home game for the remainder of the season as most would be more than happy to come away from Sandy Park with 2 points more than they'd ordinarily expect while restricting Chiefs to just 4 rather than their customary 5 at home.

I read somewhere that it's run independently of the clubs and they just get notified of the results when they come back from a lab in Ireland. That was around the time of the problem at Sale last season.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 12:57:58 PM »
Now Exeter have got cases in their squad https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55559922

Will it have affected us?

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 01:25:19 PM »
Now Exeter have got cases in their squad https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55559922

No news on wasps site,would assume clubs get results more or less at same time.

As clubs don’t have to disclose identities we don’t know if positives are amongst those that actually played last week ,but I’m sure if it were, a phone call would made re self isolation especially if it were a forward

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 01:35:26 PM »
This going to impact all clubs at some point. my issue is i'd rather play Bath as i feel we would have a great chance of five points with the way we are playing and i'm sure some of the clubs at the bottom would more than welcome two points without even playing.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 02:19:32 PM »

Exeter seem to be a hotbed for it.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2021, 09:09:58 PM »
Exeter have one or two very vocal Covid deniers among their number, so I'm not surprised.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here