Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Thread of the Match  (Read 13969 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Thread of the Match
« Reply #150 on: January 09, 2021, 02:51:11 PM »

The other thing I noted was that Launchbury was more vocal throughout, even getting a telling off from Carley at one point.

I thought the telling off was possibly to do with not standing to close and breathing over him !

( COVID protocols)

Yep. Totally to do with new protocols refs working to.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 09, 2021, 03:02:19 PM »

The other thing I noted was that Launchbury was more vocal throughout, even getting a telling off from Carley at one point.

I thought the telling off was possibly to do with not standing to close and breathing over him !

( COVID protocols)

Both - he started by telling him “You can’t speak to me like that”. Thanks to the jabbering of the commentators I couldn’t make out what Launch actually said.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 09, 2021, 03:23:27 PM »

( COVID protocols)

Both - he started by telling him “You can’t speak to me like that”. Thanks to the jabbering of the commentators I couldn’t make out what Launch actually said.

He referred Launch to the protocol video they had both seen this week about "invading space" . He was not complaining about Launchers comments.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 09, 2021, 04:53:42 PM »
This indicates that players like Jack, who are able to support their weight in a way that you usually only see in gymnasts, not rugby players, is likely to be penalised unfairly in future.

I think we can expect to see some videos circulating showing how far forward jack can get whilst supporting his weight over the next week or so,

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 09, 2021, 05:21:50 PM »

( COVID protocols)

He referred Launch to the protocol video they had both seen this week about "invading space" . He was not complaining about Launchers comments.

Not disagreeing with the space issue, but you can see from Launch’s demeanour he was frustrated about something. Carley’s exact words were, “You can’t stand that close to me and speak to me like that”.

Irrespective of the above situation (hands up if I misread), it’s positive to see Launchbury, a respected captain in the game, being more vocal this season. Of all the players, you feel he was the most impacted by that Final and uses that motivation to effectively lead every game.

On a different point, during the game BT put up interesting stats for our ‘wanna be backs’ aka the forwards ;):

Wasps most tries this season (all comps):
     Odogwu: 6
     Cruse: 4
     Gaskell: 3
     Barbeary: 3

Brilliant versatility we have...

A tweet from Nadaol about those complaining about yesterday’s try fest.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nemani_nadolo/status/1347660087016484865

Mellie

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 10, 2021, 04:55:10 PM »
Quote from: Horusthewasp
Not disagreeing with the space issue, but you can see from Launch’s demeanour he was frustrated about something. Carley’s exact words were, “You can’t stand that close to me and speak to me like that”.

I think Launchers was probably asking Carley why Underhill, having ignored the ref's instruction to let go after calling advantage, was not yellow carded as he prevented the advantage by continuing to offend. A definite yellow for me as I think we would have scored.