Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Team v Quins?  (Read 4351 times)

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Team v Quins?
« on: January 25, 2021, 02:20:24 PM »
Bit of uncertainty with England call ups etc but all is far from lost. With some injury luck I reckon we could field something like this 23 on Sunday:

McIntyre
Cruse
Brookes
Gaskell
Cardall
Willis
Young
Shields
Porter
Umaga
Bassett
Gopperth
Fekitoa
Kibirige
Sopoaga

Bench
Harris
Taylor
JTA
Douglass
T Willis
Vellacott
Watson
Mills

Far from shabby!

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Team v Quins?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 02:25:48 PM »
Has there been confirmation that Fekitoa & Mills will be fit?
Assume also Minozzi will be available too?

Montague Withnail

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 02:31:04 PM »
Lasha Jaiani must be with the squad by now, but maybe only for few days or so if he had to do a 10-day quarantine. Probably too early even for a bench spot, but am looking forward to seeing him play at some point during the 6 nations window.

Montague Withnail

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 02:32:53 PM »
Has there been confirmation that Fekitoa & Mills will be fit?
Assume also Minozzi will be available too?

Malakai yes - https://www.rugbypass.com/news/malakai-fekitoa-has-shared-a-picture-to-gladden-the-hearts-of-all-wasps-fans/

Not sure about Ryan.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2021, 02:50:29 PM »
No, my mistake, might be a bit early for Mills. So could be Juan or possibly Atkinson.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2021, 03:16:43 PM »
Lasha Jaiani must be with the squad by now, but maybe only for few days or so if he had to do a 10-day quarantine. Probably too early even for a bench spot, but am looking forward to seeing him play at some point during the 6 nations window.

As he has been based in Exeter I assume he has been ok from the outset.
Let me tell you something cucumber

MarleyWasp

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2021, 03:18:11 PM »
Lasha flew to England before the end of last year. I believe he finished quarantine on the day his signing was announced.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2021, 03:21:45 PM »
Just to clarify. Last couple of paragraphs from Bobby's report (see other thread).

West will be unavailable for selection as he goes away for the England camp along with Paolo Odogwu and Dan Robson. Joe Launchbury has withdrawn from the squad with a stress fracture of his tibia that will rule him out for around six weeks.

Jack Willis, Jacob Umaga and Charlie Atkinson are in the 'shadow' England squad but will remain with Wasps and are available for club selection.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2021, 03:23:54 PM »
Malakai yes - https://www.rugbypass.com/news/malakai-fekitoa-has-shared-a-picture-to-gladden-the-hearts-of-all-wasps-fans/

You may be correct Montague, but that article says "in the hope he could be in contention for selection when Wasps restart a January 31 Premiership game at home to Harlequins." it doesn't say he will be available....

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2021, 03:42:58 PM »
I'd like to see Matteo back in the match day 23. Ryan Mills too.

Montague Withnail

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2021, 03:49:24 PM »
Lasha flew to England before the end of last year. I believe he finished quarantine on the day his signing was announced.

Cheers, 8th January I think that was announced (on a quick google search), so he'll have been with us 3 weeks by the game. Could be enough if he's training out of his skin, but I guess more likely that he'll have to wait another couple of weeks.

Montague Withnail

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2021, 03:52:41 PM »

You may be correct Montague, but that article says "in the hope he could be in contention for selection when Wasps restart a January 31 Premiership game at home to Harlequins." it doesn't say he will be available....

Fair point, but the tweet from Malakai says he's in full training, and the previous updates from the club were that they were targeting the Quins game. So looks hopeful, but not definite I guess. DJ Juan should be available, so no need to rush him back. 

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2021, 04:01:26 PM »
For me, Juan De Jongh keeps his place in the team. I thought he was quietly impressive last time out.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2021, 04:15:16 PM »
When talking about West, Lee Blackett mentioned that he had already picked team to face Queens this morning.
 Seems early to decide considering covid test results aren’t known till tomorrow and game isn’t till Sunday

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2021, 04:16:51 PM »
When talking about West, Lee Blackett mentioned that he had already picked team to face Queens this morning.
 Seems early to decide considering covid test results aren’t known till tomorrow and game isn’t till Sunday

Read that and wondered too. Seems quite early.
Let me tell you something cucumber