Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Close Thing - TV  (Read 828 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Close Thing - TV
« on: January 27, 2021, 08:49:33 AM »
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Close Thing - TV
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 09:01:32 AM »
Glad Sky didn't get it from a coverage point of view. I guess the Prem clubs would have liked the extra money though.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 09:11:03 AM »
I read yesterday that Sky's deal for SANZAAR tournaments has expired with no new deal agreed. The last time it went for tender in the UK it included Super Rugby, Mitre 10, Currie Cup, The Rugby Championship and all NZ, SA and Aus home internationals, apart from Lions Tours.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 09:12:43 AM »
Classic PRL. Push for more and more, then have to go with the figurative begging bowl. BT have done rather well to secure the rights for no extra cash.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 09:13:04 AM »
I could have accepted sky going big on rugby and buying up the rights, but only if they started from scratch with their commentary teams

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 09:25:10 AM »
Classic PRL. Push for more and more, then have to go with the figurative begging bowl. BT have done rather well to secure the rights for no extra cash.

I think it is PRL who have done well to get anything. Remember that a year ago they dismissed the BT offer because CVC suggested they could get more elsewhere (Sky?). Then Covid struck and Sky told them that there was no way they would go anywhere near the BT offer. PRL hoped that Amazon might go firm with an offer but it didn't materialise. BT even, apparently,  gave their commentators notice from the end of this season. PRL were lucky BT stayed anywhere near their original offer because otherwise they would have been stuffed. And they are supposed to be professionals - pah.
Let me tell you something cucumber