Always a Wasp

Author Topic: 'Dose of perspective' - key talking points from Wasps' loss to Saints.  (Read 906 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Bobby Bridge shares his thoughts on Wasps' 22-17 defeat to Northampton Saints

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/wasps-v-northampton-saints-rugby-19787704
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: 'Dose of perspective' - key talking points from Wasps' loss to Saints.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 01:56:06 PM »
Bobby's thoughts about Mike le B are interesting. I hoped that his second season would enable him to show what he could offer. His first season was crammed with too many games, too soon for a non prem transfer, needed because of injury. It made him look confused and not up to the standard required.

Since the first lockdown and a chance to train and learn, he's been improving and also looks in great physical condition too and able and willing to voice his opinions. I think he's looking good value now and we do probably want to get him more starts.

As for next game - I'd worry about starting Jimmy at 10 - I'd really want to know both that he is not "feeling it" right now physically and mentally and that the better option is perhaps throwing Jacob back in.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 04:20:23 PM »
Another piece of perpective - despite all the angst were only 3 points from a play-off spot.  Although given the PD it’s probably more accurate to say it’s 4 pts.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 07:38:22 PM »
Yes, and roll back two games and we beat Sale, Bath and Exeter - two away from home.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2021, 08:03:51 PM »
Think we just have to accept that with Wasps style of play ( and that’s why we follow them ) the risks are always going to be high.

If you want a game plan of little risk and predictable play , there are are a few clubs , or national team that come to mind.